Title and statement of responsibility area
Ulverton United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper:
Level of description
CA ETRC UC040
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
0.36 m of textual records. - 1 photograph.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Ulverton United Church is the result of the amalgamation in 1925 of the Ulverton Congregational Church and the Ulverton Methodist Church (also known as the Wesleyan Methodist Church of the Township of Durham). The two churches, respectively constituted in 1837 and 1842, belonged to different circuits over the years. In 1925, the Methodist Church building was chosen for the new Ulverton United Church and the Congregational Church building was turned into a church hall. In 1963, the Lisgar United Church building was moved beside the Ulverton United Church as the new Church hall and the Congregational Church building, then in very bad condition, was sold to Mr. Riff and moved to his property nearby.
Scope and content
The fonds contains source material on Church management, the congregation's affairs and the Church's women's organizations for Ulverton United Church from 1837 to 1995. It consists mainly of minutes, annual reports, registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials, account books, and correspondence. It also includes annual reports for the Ulverton-South Durham Pastoral Charge. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1944-1977), Buildings and Property (1842, 1965-1976), Financial Resources (1958-1977), Annual Reports (1930-1982, 1995), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1837-1925, 1963), Orders of Service ([1949?]), Funds (1962-1968), Membership (1837-1884, 1917-1920), Historical (1942-1967), Organizations ([after 1925]-1992).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
The registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials may be restricted at the discretion of the Archivist.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Further accruals are expected.
Title based on contents of fonds.
The documents were loaned in 1993 by the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada.
The archives of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery local churches and pastoral charges are all arranged according to a common classification system established by Susan Stanley, former Montreal and Ottawa Conference Archivist.
The documents are in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
1 février, 2016