Fonds UC042 - Trinity United Church (Drummondville) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Trinity United Church (Drummondville) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper:

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ETRC UC042

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1920-1997 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1,3 m of textual records. - 10 architectural drawings. - 3 artefacts. - 17 photographs.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Trinity United Church, called Drummondville United Church until 1951, was organized in 1927 within the Montreal Presbytery. Before the erection of the Church in 1928, the Courchesne Hall in Drummondville was used as a temporary place of worship. In 1971, due to a severe decline of the population, Trinity United Church became part of a three-point charge, the Ulverton Pastoral Charge, which includes Drummondville, Ulverton, and South Durham. Trinity United Church was closed and the church building was sold in 1997. Trinity United Church was under the jurisdiction of the Montreal Presbytery until 1971 when it was transferred to the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery of the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada. The Church was governed by the Board of Trustees, the Official Board, the Session, the Board of Stewards, and the Congregation with organizations within the Church, such as the Sunday School, the United Church Women, the Young Women's Society, the Women's Missionary Society, the Choir, and various committees.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contains source material on Church management, the congregation's affairs, the Sunday School, the Women's organizations, the youth organizations, the Choir, and different committees for the Trinity United Church in Drummondville from 1920 to 1997. It also provides information on the Ulverton Pastoral Charge from 1970 to 1980. It consists of minutes, account books, annual reports, architectural drawings, legal documents, orders of service, registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials, a guest book, membership rolls, historical sketches, a Remembrance Book, correspondence, photographs, a Bible marker, a pulpit drape, and a communion table cover. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1927-1997), Buildings and Property (1920-1997), Financial Resources (1927-1997), Annual Reports (1954-1996), Guest Books (1953-1996), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1927-1996), Orders of Service (1928-1997), Funds (1947-1994), Membership (1930-1996), Historical (1929-1991), Newsletters (1953, 1970), Organizations (1932-1981), Committees (1955-1982), and Photographs ([194-]-1997).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

The registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials may be restricted at the discretion of the Archivist.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No more accruals are expected.

General note

Title based on contents of fonds.
The documents were loaned in 1993 by the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada. A second and a third accession were transferred to the Archives in 1999 and 2000.
The archives of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery local churches and pastoral charges are all arranged according to a common classification system established by Susan Stanley, former Montreal and Ottawa Conference Archivist.
Most of the documents are in English, some in French.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

1 février, 2016

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres