Stanstead, Township of
Stanstead, Township of
Stanstead, Township of
191 Archival description results for Stanstead, Township of
9 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA ETRC UC085
The fonds contains primary source material on the activities, administration and membership of the United Steeples Pastoral Charge in the Stanstead area from 1969 to 2019. It consists primarily of minutes, registers of baptisms, marriages and burials, and reports. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church boards (1981 -2018), Banns/marriage certificates (1978-2015), Annual reports (1972-2018), Baptisms, marriages, and burials (1994-2007), Membership (2013-2019), Organization (1990-2008), and Committees (1986-2002).
- CA ETRC P020-003-06-D002-P377
- [1900?], copied 1977
Item is a photograph of a train wreck at North Derby, Vermont, crossing the Canadian side into Beebe, probably around 1900. Caused by a head on collision on track.
- CA ETRC UC011
The fonds contains source material on Church management, the congregation's affairs, and Church organizations for Centenary United Church in Stanstead from 1831 to 2018. It consists mainly of minutes, account books, annual reports, a calendar, and civil registers. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1833-2013), Buildings and Property ([186-?]-2012), Financial Resources (1864-1973), Annual Reports (1912-1981, 1997, 2003, 2006, 2008), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1831-1860), Orders of Service (1919-1987), Funds ([19-]-2013), Membership (1858-2018), Historical ([After 1894]-2004), Newsletters ([Between 1931-1954]), Organizations (1902-1998), Committees (1864-1983), and Press Clippings (1923-1994).
Centenary United Church (Stanstead, Que.)
- CA ETRC P167
The fonds contains source material on the members of the Crystal Rebekah Lodge, No. 14, in Rock Island, from 1974 to 1998. It consists of two membership registers. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Membership (1974-1998).
Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Crystal Rebekah Lodge, No. 14 (Rock Island, Que.)
- CA ETRC P997-007-03-002-005
- CA ETRC P998-2004-007-P001
- May 1936
The item is a photograph of the employees of the Butterfield factory in Rock Island in May 1936. Pictured in the photograph are: (front row, l-r) John Distefano, William Higgins, Cecil Whiteman, Joseph Carbonneau, Herman Sisco, unknown, Stanley Miller/Hiller, Fred LaRocque, "Pansy" Lavers, William Abbott, George Holland (General Manager), Lawrence Laythe (Office Manager), Clifford White (General Superintendent), Hugh Bell, Stanley Holland, William Hebert, Beulah Stevenson, Florence Warren Davis, Alice Ayer Merriman, Jeanne Menard McCullen, Dorothy Cosgrove Washington, Ruth McGaffey Bliss, Elaine Mallard, Dorothy Woodward Beach, Margaret Bell, Olive Brown Bliss, Merilla Bullock Farman, Katherine Farman, ? Foss, Edna Woodward Mason, Laura Neveu, Jean Robinson Kelly, Gerard Boisvert, Alfred Cote, ? Davis, Walter Curtis, Edward Redden, Wayne "Lefty" Hitchcock, Ronald "Pit" Young, Angus Barlow, Frank Maheux, Rudolph Bean, Cyril Cargill.
(second row standing, l-r): Henry P. Crawford, Jack Anderson, Leslie Ellis, Fred Ellis, Oscar Beaudin, Francis Distenfano, Arsene Cloutier, Carlton Joyce, George Tuckey, Wildred Dumas, Edison Lebaron/Labaron, Richard Middleton, Albert Michaud, Early McMullen, Armand Rondeau, Reginald Couture, William Smith, Frank Pepin, Arthur "Sparky" Jenkerson, Napoleon "Poly" Gagnon, Clarence Copp, William Denney, Joseph Maheux, Harold Hall/Houle, unknown, Harold Farman, Stuart Edgar, Harry Dolloff, Edward Garceau, Sidney Hall, Elbert Embury, Wallace Marley, Freddie Richer jr., Archie "Sliver" Webb, Roland Rondeau, Wilfred Bolduc, Thomas McCune, Joseph Barlow, Lawrence "Bus" Laythe, Jack Washington, Frank Washington, "Jee" Seguin, Earl Courser, Joseph Rondeau, Wilson Howe.
(3rd row, l-r): Jack Crawford, William Alexander, Joseph Wallace, Lee Webster, Jean Gratton, Frank Caron, Joseph Cote, Lorenzo Dion, Kenneth Brown, "Pete" Perron, Fay Hill, Edard Bushnell, Joseph Rever, "Lett" Mosher, Walter Simmoneau, Niel McMullen, Alton Hull, David Richer, ? Sargent, Harry Kelly, Fred Suitor, James Murphy, Hubert Pepin.
(4th row, l-r): Henry Gilbert, Antoine "Pete" Rodrigue, Gilman Dorman, Charles Merriman, Oswald Sisco, Grayden Watson, William Hull, Wilfred Lariviere, Howard Wells, Donald Holden, Charles Bennett, Mervin Standish, Lionel Cote, John Watson jr., Leewood Labaree, Eugene Moulton, Albert Farrow, Joseph Couture, Ernest "Fat" Nason, Harold Bacon, Edward Sicard?, ? Holden, John Piatti, Denis Daviau, Hubert Pepin, Carroll Aldrich, Bert Hamilton, Frank Leblanc, Homer Brainerd, Joe Breault, Arthur Poulin, Elias Gagnon, unknown, Leon Mosher, Edward Malouin, Lawrence Clapper, Edward Eaton Jr., Douglas Farrow, Fred May, Harold "Foxy" Wells, Henry Farrow, William Greer, Hollis Clapper, Emerson Peavy.
(back row, l-r): ? Seguin, ? Seguin, John Watson sr., Charles Clark, Lawrence Candlish, unknown, Raymond Wheelock, Maurice Heatherington, unknown, George Winter jr., Sidney Farrow, Charles Ellis, George Suprenant, Tom Richer, Eugene Wells, Damien Michaud.
- CA ETRC P233
The fonds contains of research done by W. Gillies Ross on the following subjects: the mines at Eustis, Capelton and Albert Mines, asbestos mining at Asbestos, the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, and the Stanstead granite industry. It consists largely of research notes, research documents, photographs, and oral histories.
- CA ETRC P995-2019-029
The file contains primary and secondary source information on Henry Seth Taylor and his invention of the steam buggy in Stanstead in the 1860s, collected and created by Randy Piercey for the production of a podcast. It consists of research, interviews, photographs, and supporting recordings as well as a completed version of the podcast.
- CA SHC C043-MB-mb76
- CA SHC C043-MB-mb77
- CA SHC C043-MB-mb98
- CA ETRC P995-2018-033
- [188-?], reproduced-2004
The file contains primary and secondary source information on the documentary project on the Soeurs Ursulines (nuns) convent and school in Stanstead, created by Stéphane Tremblay in 2004. It consists of original digital and copied photographs of the convent, the personnel, the students, and their activities from about the 1880s to 2004. The file also includes interviews with the nuns and various community members.
- CA ETRC UC007
The fonds contains source material on Church management, the congregation's affairs, and Church organizations for the Wesley United Church in Beebe from 1875 to 1994. It also provides partial information (minutes, annual reports, etc.) on Graniteville United Church. It consists mainly of minutes, annual reports, correspondence, certificates and licences, and account books. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1875-2009), Legal (1933-1940), Buildings and Property (1876-2007), Financial Resources (1908-2010), Annual Reports (1919-1978), Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (1942-1966), Orders of Service (1930-2007), Funds (1936-1964), Membership (1876-1963), Historical (1925-2007), Organizations (1901-2007), Committees ([after 1890]-1968), Photographs ([1900?]-1991) and Press Clippings ([after 1952]-1994).
Wesley United Church (Beebe, Que.)
- CA ETRC P006-010-003
Part of Minnie Hallowell Bowen fonds
The file contains primary source information on landscapes and buildings, mostly in the Sherbrooke area, from 1840 to the 1940s. It consists of photographs, engravings, and one postcard of the following scenes: aerial views of Sherbrooke ([194-?]); the Magog River rapids; Hallowell cottage; Lennoxville's bridge over the Massawippi River ([191-?]); Whitcher Rock in the St. Francis River with Sherbrooke in the background (1866); views of the St. Francis River; the Long Pine; the Clark family home in Sherbrooke ([ca. 1900]); W.H. Bartlett engravings: Bridge at Sherbrooke, Copp's Ferry, Mills at Sherbrooke, View from the Capital of Quebec, Montmorency Falls, Owl's Head, Davis Clearing, view from R. Shirreff's house, and Quebec City; Hallowell train station which was located near Picton, Ontario; ice castle in Montreal; Hallowell Cottage, located on Queen Street in Sherbrooke; a view of the McGreer and Divinity House buildings at Bishop's University, Lennoxville; and the old mill dam in Fitch Bay.
- CA ETRC P020-003-06-P079
- 1915, copied 1977
Item is a photograph of a post office located in Beebe Plain, half of which was located on the Canadian side of the border and the other half on the American, with two separate doors. It would take three days for a letter to get from one side of the long room to the other.