Stanstead (Quebec)

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Stanstead (Quebec)

Stanstead (Quebec)

Equivalent terms

Stanstead (Quebec)

Associated terms

Stanstead (Quebec)

125 Archival description results for Stanstead (Quebec)

125 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Stanstead College Fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1872 - 2024

This fonds contains information on the history of Stanstead College from 1872 to 2024. It consists of Documents, Pictures, Yearbooks and Artifacts.

Family of Eugene Arthur Baldwin

The item is a group photograph of the family of Eugene Arthur Baldwin, taken around 1913 in Stanstead. Pictured are: (standing at back, left-right) Beatrice (approx. age 14), Pardon (approx. age 36), Mary (approx. age 5), Florence (nee Ives, wife of Percival), Percival, Adele (nee Wilcox, wife of Eugene A.), (seated, left-right) Ethel (nee Peck, wife of Pardon), Eugene (approx. age 12), Lyman Heath (husband of Blanche), Blanche (approx. age 26), Oscar Heath (approx. age less than 1 year), Sidney (approx. age 14), Adele (approx. age 5), Eugene Arthur (approx. age 60), (sitting in front) Richard (approx. age 7).

W. Gillies Ross fonds

  • CA ETRC P233
  • Fonds
  • 1767 [Photocopied]-2006

The fonds contains of research done by W. Gillies Ross on the following subjects: the mines at Eustis, Capelton and Albert Mines, asbestos mining at Asbestos, the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, the Stanstead granite industry, and covered bridges in the Eastern Townships and surrounding areas. It consists largely of research notes, research documents, photographs, and oral histories. The fonds is organized i the following series: Interviews (1944-1996), Harvard’s Baker Library Trip and Research (1887-1996), Jo Cooper (1977-1987), Newspaper Index (1971-1975), National Archive of Canada Research (1903-1921), Publications (1890-1938), Granite Project (1898-1900, 1976), Copper / Pyrite Mining Studies (1867 [Photocopied] -1996), Asbestos Mining and Landscape Research (1897 [Photocopied]-1965), Spanish Flu Research (1918 [Photocopied] -2006), Photographs (1888-1972), Maps and Plans (1767 [Photocopied] - 1979), Asbestos Mining (1950-2004), Mining Study – Correspondence (1883 [Photocopied]-2005), Book Translation (1995), Cookshire (1979), Research on covered bridges ([ca. 1990?]).

Ross, W. Gillies (1931-2019)

Souvenir of Stanstead and Rock Island

Item is a souvenir postcard album with scenes from Stanstead, probably from around the 1920s. Includes among the views are: Stanstead College, Methodist Church (later Centenary United Church), Catholic Church (Église Cacré-Coeur), Customs and Post Office building in Rock Island, Dufferin Street in Rock Island, The Maples, Dufferin Street in Stanstead (with cars and horses visible), Dufferin Heights war memorial and pioneers monument, Haskell Library and Opera House, aeriel view of Rock Island including covered bridge over the Tomifobia River and rail bridge, and Tomifobia River falls in winter in Rock Island.

Results 1 to 30 of 125