Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Andrews United Church (Kingsbury) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper:
Level of description
CA ETRC UC080
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1869, 1880-[197-] (Creation)
Physical description area
0,1 m of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's United Church in Kingsbury, initially of Presbyterian denomination, was organized sometime during the 1850s or the 1860s. The church building was built in 1869. In 1875, it was part of the Melbourne charge, along with Knox Church in Brompton Gore (also known as Flodden). In 1879, St. Andrew's (Kingsbury) and Knox (Brompton Gore) petitioned presbytery to be granted its own charge, autonomous from the Melbourne charge. This petition was successful and in 1880 they were united into one charge. In 1925, the United Church of Canada was founded, amalgamating Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches. The St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church of Kingsbury decided to join this union and thus became the St. Andrews United Church. St. Andrew's United Church is under the jurisdiction of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery of the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada.
Scope and content
The fonds contains source material on Church management and membership, and on the Church organizations from 1880 until the 1970s. It consists of minutes, historical sketches, a communion roll, a panorama of Sacred Story, and press clippings. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1894-1925), Buildings and Property (1869), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1880-1956), Membership ([193-]-[197-]), Historical (1925), and Organizations (1941-1949).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
The register of baptisms, marriages and burials may be restricted at the discretion of the Archivist.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Researchers may also consult Richmond and Melbourne United Church (Richmond) fonds (UC074), Melbourne Ridge United Church fonds (UC075), Trenholm United Church fonds (UC081), St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Melbourne) fonds (PC011), and Knox Presbyterian Church (Flodden) fonds (PC012).
Further accruals are expected.
Title based on contents of fonds.
The documents were loaned in 1993 by the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada.
The archives of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery local churches and pastoral charges are all arranged according to a common classification system established by Susan Stanley, former Montreal and Ottawa Conference Archivist.
The documents are in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
1 février, 2016