Shipton, Township of

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Equivalent terms

Shipton, Township of

Associated terms

Shipton, Township of

94 Archival description results for Shipton, Township of

3 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

William G. Clark collection

  • CA ETRC P031
  • Collection
  • 1890-2003

The collection contains source material on the history of the Asbestos region and on the development of the asbestos industry in the 19th and 20th centuries; it is also a source of information on the Johns-Manville Corporation, the life of William G. Clark, and includes an architectural sketch of the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Asbestos from 1945. Among the materials are memoirs written by William G. Clark on his life and the town of Asbestos. The collection is comprised of the following series: Le Citoyen Historical Sections (1971-1980), Periodicals (The Asbestos Producer and Johns-Manville News Pictorial) (1948-1976), Photographs ([1897?]-1981), Miscellaneous Documents (1940-1971), and William G. Clark ([197-?]-2003).

Clark, William G., 1902-1999

W. Gillies Ross fonds

  • CA ETRC P233
  • Fonds
  • 1767 [Photocopied]-2006

The fonds contains of research done by W. Gillies Ross on the following subjects: the mines at Eustis, Capelton and Albert Mines, asbestos mining at Asbestos, the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, the Stanstead granite industry, and covered bridges in the Eastern Townships and surrounding areas. It consists largely of research notes, research documents, photographs, and oral histories. The fonds is organized i the following series: Interviews (1944-1996), Harvard’s Baker Library Trip and Research (1887-1996), Jo Cooper (1977-1987), Newspaper Index (1971-1975), National Archive of Canada Research (1903-1921), Publications (1890-1938), Granite Project (1898-1900, 1976), Copper / Pyrite Mining Studies (1867 [Photocopied] -1996), Asbestos Mining and Landscape Research (1897 [Photocopied]-1965), Spanish Flu Research (1918 [Photocopied] -2006), Photographs (1888-1972), Maps and Plans (1767 [Photocopied] - 1979), Asbestos Mining (1950-2004), Mining Study – Correspondence (1883 [Photocopied]-2005), Book Translation (1995), Cookshire (1979), Research on covered bridges ([ca. 1990?]).

Ross, W. Gillies (1931-2019)

Two people with a wheelbarrow

The item contains information on the Baker family's personal lives. It is a farm scene depicting two unidentified young people, with a young man pushing a young woman seated on a wheelbarrow, possibly in the area of Danville.

Trinity United Church Danville

The series contains source material on the repairs of Trinity United Church of Danville. It consists of correspondence, reports, submissions, invoices, sketches and photographs. The repairs were done on the roof, the bell tower, outside walls, stained glass, entrance and nave. The series is comprised of the following subseries: Correspondence (1996-1999), Finances (1995-1998), Submissions (1998), Reports (1994-1998) and Photographs.

Skating Rink

Pictured here is the skating rink on the corner of St. Aime Street and St. George Street.

The verso reads, "Village of Asbestos as seen from main office / Skating rink in the foreground / Corner of St. Aime and St. George Streets."

P.C.P. Competitions

The subseries contains information relating to the "Programme Canadien de Patinage" (P.C.P.) Competitions attended by the "Club de Patinage Artistique d'East Angus" from 1992 to 1994. It mainly consists of booklets containing details of the event as well as final results of the competition. The subseries is comprised of the following files: 1992, 1993, and 1994.

Club de Patinage Artistique (East Angus, Que.)

Mills

The item contains information on Louis-Philippe Demers' interests. It is a post card depicting mills in Asbestos. Message on verso : Wide Léo Paul Lupi[en], Asbestos, Guide Touristique.

Men installing new machinery

The caption reads "This picture taken when these men were installing the new machinery in the New Machine Shop, 1913. This shop was used until 1942 when another move was make to a new building on the St George Road. This third machine shop was vacated last year and demolished in this spring 1980."
Front: Clifford Gale, Albert Carneau, Johnny Morris, James Coyle Jr., David Roy. Rear: Bob Williams and Gordon Clark, foreman.

Laurier Street, Asbestos, QC

Item is a postcard showing a view of Laurier Street in Asbestos around the 1910s. A handwritten caption reads "Looking S.E. [southeast] from centre of 'the Square.'"

King Street, Asbestos, QC

Item is a postcard showing King Street in Asbestos around the 1910s by photograph V. Dubois. A handwritten caption reads "1924-25 Looking E [east] from centre of 'Square.' Sunday A.M. People going into Post Office." There are people visible on the sidewalks and two motor vehicles.

Results 1 to 30 of 94