Richmond (Richmond, Que.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Richmond (Richmond, Que.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The County of Richmond was surveyed at the end of the 18th century and settled by Loyalists from the United States. Elmore Cushing and his 46 associates were the first to be granted a township, the Township of Shipton. Subsequently, the County witnessed the arrival of British immigrants, (mainly from Wales, Ireland, and Scotland). In the mid-19th century, French-Canadian colonization began. The first villages to be established were Richmond, Danville, and Windsor, Richmond being incorporated in 1862. The District of St. Francis, created in 1823, organized a circuit court for Richmond County in 1843.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC