Title and statement of responsibility area
North Hatley Community Centre fonds
General material designation
North Hatley Community Club.
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper:
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
CA ETRC P156
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
- 0.32 m of textual records. - 1 photograph : negative ; 35mm.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The North Hatley Community Centre, known as the North Hatley Community Club until the 1980s, was first organized in 1932 and had become incorporated by 1937. When first established, the mandate of the Community Club was to raise funds to remodel the ground floor of the village's town hall so that it may be used as a community centre, which the group would then be responsible for its maintenance and management. This community club building was kept up until a terrible fire completely destroyed the building on July 9, 1974. After this, the members of the North Hatley Community Centre worked hard to acquire and refurbish the former Catholic School as the new location of the community centre, which was being used as the town's Maintenance Building at that time. Administered by a board of directors, the North Hatley Community Centre Board members consists of representatives from various groups who are required to pay an annual fee for membership in the Community Centre, which allows them regular use of the facitility. Throughout its long existence, the North Hatley Community Centre has remained dedicated to their mission and have largely depended on their extensive fundraising activities, such as raffles and suppers, to maintain the building as an available place to groups and individuals in the community to use.
Scope and content
The fonds contains source material on the management and activities of the North Hatley Community Centre from 1937 to 2009. It consists mainly of minutes, a charter, financial records, correspondence, membership list, member information, rental and use of the community centre, and fundraising. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Administration (1937-2007), Financial Resources (1957-2008), Membership (1979-2009), Buildings and property (1947-2007), and Photographs ([198-?]).
Immediate source of acquisition
The documents were donated in 2005 by the North Hatley Community Centre.
New material was processed by Véronique Pouliot, archives intern, in 2019.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
Most of the documents are in English, some are in French.
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Generated finding aid
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
28 janvier, 2016