Title and statement of responsibility area
Mission de l'Église Unie aux Saints Martyrs Canadiens fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper:
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
0,04 m of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Located in Saints-Martyrs-Canadiens, the Mission de l'Église Unie aux Saints Martyrs Canadiens, probably of Presbyterian denomination when it was established in the 19th century, was previously called Église du Rang de la Montagne. The church membership was mostly francophone. For unknown reasons, the Mission seems to have been related somehow to many other missions over the years: St. Paul de Chester Mission (Methodist denomination); St. Philippe de Chester Mission (Methodist denomination until 1911, then becoming Presbyterian); Missions of Agnes, Megantic, and surrounding places (Presbyterian denomination); and North Ham Mission (Presbyterian denomination). The Mission de l'Église Unie aux Saints Martyrs Canadiens was under the jurisdiction of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery of the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada.
Scope and content
The fonds contains source material on the minister in office in 1953 at the Mission de l'Église Unie aux Saints Martyrs Canadiens, on the church building, and on the baptisms, marriages, and burials celebrated in the different missions previously mentioned from 1895 to 1975. It consists of registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials, an index to the registers, certificates of baptisms, marriages, and burials, and correspondence. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1953), Buildings and Property (1951-1952), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1895-1975).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
The registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials may be restricted at the discretion of the Archivist.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
No more accruals are expected.
Titled based on contents of fonds.
The documents were loaned in 1993 by the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada.
The archives of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery local churches and pastoral charges are all arranged according to a common classification system established by Susan Stanley, former Montreal and Ottawa Conference Archivist.
Most of the documents are in French, some in English and Latin.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
1 février, 2016