Fonds P025 - Lennoxville Women's Institute fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lennoxville Women's Institute fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    • Source of title proper:

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    CA ETRC P025

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1914-1991 (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    0,37 m of textual records. - 5 photographs.

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    (1914-)

    Administrative history

    Founded in 1914, the Lennoxville Homemakers' Club at first devoted itself to the patriotic work of helping Canadian soldiers fighting in World War I. In 1921, the Club was renamed the Lennoxville Women's Institute and, like the other Women's Institutes of Canada, adopted the motto, 'For Home and Country' and the mandate of improving family life in rural regions. It is a member of the Sherbrooke County Women's Institutes, the Quebec Women's Institutes, and the Federated Women's Institutes of Canada. An elected board works with various committees to organize monthly meetings and activities. The latter includes lectures, horticultural contests, school fairs, and fund-raising events for humanitarian organizations.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    The fonds contains source material on the organization, activities, and the philosophy of the Lennoxville Women's Institute between 1914 and 1991. It is comprised of the following series: History (1964), Minutes (1914-1991), Programs (1918-1931), Accounting and Financial Documents (1916-1970), Correspondence (1921-1978), Newspapers Clippings ([193-?]-1974), and Miscellaneous Documents (1923-1974).

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        Associated materials

        Researchers may also consult the Belvidere Women's Institute fonds (P003), the Denison Mills Women's Institute fonds (P007), the Brompton Road Women's Institute fonds (P008), and the Sherbrooke County Women's Institutes fonds (P027).

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Further accruals are expected.

        General note

        Title based on contents of fonds.
        The documents were donated in three accessions (1981, 1995 and 2007) by the Lennoxville Women's Institute.
        The documents are in English.

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        28 janvier, 2016

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area