Title and statement of responsibility area
Lennoxville Curling Association fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper:
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
0,02 m of textual records. - 1 photograph : b&w.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Lennoxville Curling Association was founded on 23 April 1923 to promote the game of curling to the citizens of the Town of Lennoxville and to acquire, hold and lease moveable and immoveable property for that purpose. The first project of the Association had been to build a rink in Lennoxville. At the meeting of 19 November 1923, the Association decided to rent the new building to the Lennoxville Curling Club at the lowest price possible. In 1946, the Club offered to purchase the Club House property. At its Annual General Meeting of 20 June 1946, the Association decided to accept the offer of the Club for the sum of one dollar. It was also resolved to dissolve the Association after the transfer of the real property to the Club. The Lennoxville Curling Association was officially dissolved on 1 August 1946.
Scope and content
The fonds contains source material on the founding, administration, dissolution, and on John McClary, an Honorary President, of the Lennoxville Curling Association from 1923 to 1946. It consists of by-laws, minutes, correspondence, financial statements, and a photograph. The fonds is comprised of two series: Administration (1923-1946), and Membership ([after 1927]).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
No more accruals are expected.
Title based on contents of fonds.
The fonds was donated in 2004 by the Lennoxville Curling Club.
The documents are in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
28 janvier, 2016