Collection P177 - Lake Massawippi Area Historical Society collection

Calendars Fire at Hatley Store and P.O 53rd Sherbrooke Regiment Military Parade on Dufferin and Frontenac Daily Record Road Race Sports Team Ayer's Cliff Creamery Fairground Visitors View of Ayer's Cliff and train station Cattle Judging Claugh Sawmill Cattle Judging Two unidentified men fishing Group of Women Swimming Group on the lake at Glen Villa Unidentified Group Swimming ETRC-P177-007-01-004-005.jpg Civil Protection held at Coaticook Cecil Norrie and W.H. Norrie Riverside Inn ETRC-P177-007-01-005-035.jpg Rose and Bertha Little Residence of Nelson LeBaron Nelson LeBaron and Mary Thuraites Residence of Nelson LeBaron, Barnston Nelson and Mary LeBaron Bertha Little Corey Island ETRC-P177-007-02-003-029.jpg Unidentified Child and Dog Two Unidentified Children
Results 1 to 30 of 46 Show all

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lake Massawippi Area Historical Society collection

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Collection

Reference code

CA E001 P177

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1890-2005 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2.56 m of textual records. - Approx. 330 photographs ; Includes 95 negatives. - Approx. 64 postcards. - 3 artefacts.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Lake Massawippi Area Historical Society was formed in 1991 and was originally named the North Hatley Historical Society. Its area of interest included all of Hatley Township and the municipalities of Ayer's Cliff, Ste. Catherine-de-Hatley, and the villages of Hatley and Massawippi. Its original mandate was to research, record, gather, and preserve materials pertaining to the history of Hatley Township and to make such information available to the public. In 2003, the name of the organization was changed to The Lake Massawippi Area Historical Society to better serve the area.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The collection contains primary source information on the history of the Lake Massawippi area, including North Hatley, Ayer's Cliff, and Hatley Village from the 1890s to 2008. It consists of information on the activities of the Hatley Water Company, the Village of Hatley, Funding Co. Ltd., North Hatley Historical Society, Stanstead Historical Society, Ayer's Cliff Water Company, LeBaron & Co., Massawippi Country Club, Connaught Inn Co., among others. The collection is comprised of the following series; K.E Kennedy (1901-[1988?]), North Hatley Historical Society ([1992?]-2008), Stanstead Historical Society (1963), Genealogy ([19--?]-2005), Cemetery Indexes ([199-?]), Scrapbooks ([19--?]-[195-?]), Photographs, Ayer's Cliff Water Company (1908-1940), LeBaron & Co. (1926-1968), Wills, Wills and Obituaries (1913-1979), History of the Eastern Townships (1909-1984), North Hatley Electoral Lists (1902-1939), Ledgers (1890-1949), Artifacts, Indexes (1912), North Hatley Water Company (19894-1914), Hatley Tourism (1973-[19--?]), Calenders, and Miscellaneous.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Previously known as the North Hatley Historical Society.
Title based on contents of collection.
The collection was donated by the Lake Massawippi Area Historical Society in 2010.
Most of the documents are in English, a few are in French.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

28 janvier, 2016

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres