Showing 17464 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

7560 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Centenary United Church (Stanstead) fonds

  • CA ETRC UC011
  • Fonds
  • 1831-2018

The fonds contains source material on Church management, the congregation's affairs, and Church organizations for Centenary United Church in Stanstead from 1831 to 2018. It consists mainly of minutes, account books, annual reports, a calendar, and civil registers. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1833-2013), Buildings and Property ([186-?]-2012), Financial Resources (1864-1973), Annual Reports (1912-1981, 1997, 2003, 2006, 2008), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1831-1860), Orders of Service (1919-1987), Funds ([19-]-2013), Membership (1858-2018), Historical ([After 1894]-2004), Newsletters ([Between 1931-1954]), Organizations (1902-1998), Committees (1864-1983), and Press Clippings (1923-1994).

Centenary United Church (Stanstead, Que.)

Historical

The series contains primary source material on the foundation and history of the Centenary United Church in Stanstead from [after 1894] to 2013. It consists of sketches of the buildings, people, and activities connected to the Centenary United Church in Stanstead, correspondence, anniversary commemoration booklets, newspaper clippings, and summarizing documents. The photograph is from the 150th anniversary service, showing Dr. Norman Cole, Reverend A. McKinley Rose, Reverend Reverend F. G. ?, Reverend F. H. ?.

Rentals and Sales

The file contains primary source material on rentals and sales of land and property by the Centenary United Church in Stanstead, from 1944 to 2015. It consists of contracts, deeds, letters, and extracts from reports and minutes.

Buildings and Property

This series contains primary source material on the buildings and property of the Centenary United Church in Stanstead from [186-?] to 2015. It consists mainly of reports, contracts, receipts, architectural plans, correspondence and photographs. It is comprised of the following files: Maintenance ([186-?]-1988), Organ (1971-1979), Insurance (1950-1958), Rentals and sales (1944-2015), Estates (1940-1958), Photographs and postcards ([188-?]-1988), Restoration project (1994-2004) and Ownership (1873-2012).

Dominion Day parade, Hatley

The item is a photograph of the Canada Day parade in Hatley, looking up Main Street, in 1927. H.B. Whitcomb general store partially visible. Robert (Bob) Eardley-Wilmot is boy in sailor suit.

Dominion Day parade, Hatley

The item is a photograph of the Canada Day parade in Hatley, looking up Main Street, in 1927. H.B. Whitcomb general store partially visible. Barbara Eardley-Wilmot at far right corner.

Barbara Rose (Eardley-Wilmot) Constable

The file contains primary source information on the life of Barbara Rose (Eardley Wilmot) Constable from around the years 1917 to 1942, 1962 to 1963, and 1993 to 1996. It consists of a memoir of a childhood Christmas, documents, including handwritten notes, pertaining to her father's life and his career in the Church, correspondence regarding her father's passing, a copy of "A Short History of the Diocese of Quebec. 1793-1993" by James T. Sweeny with Barbara's name written on it and some handwritten notes at the back, photographs of a Canada Day parade in Hatley and Hallowell Cottage in Sherbrooke, and a hand-drawn map of the houses in Sherbrooke which she visited as a child and some of their occupants.

Eardley-Wilmot, Barbara Rose

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, including the Methodists, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Former Union Meeting House, Beebe

The Union Meeting House was built in 1866 by Jeremiah Spear, inspired by the architecture of American "meeting houses". The Union Meeting House was used by several denominations, but Adventists took possession of it in 1896, the people of that faith being the last in Beebe Plain not to have a church of their own.

Correspondence with Samuel Willard, ca. 1783-1870

The file consists of undated correspondence between Samuel Willard and members of Brome County, primarily concerning family affairs and receipts. This file contains parts and pieces of independent correspondences.

Plymouth-Trinity United Church (Sherbrooke) fonds

  • CA ETRC UC004
  • Fonds
  • 1897-2018; predominant 1971-1995

The fonds contains source material on the amalgamation of Plymouth United Church and Trinity United Church in 1971, on the management of the church, on the congregation affairs, and on the activities of its organizations and societies for the Plymouth-Trinity United Church in Sherbrooke from 1933 to 2018. It consists of minutes, correspondence, reports, newsletters, financial statements, plans, register of Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths, membership lists, press clippings, church histories, photographs and video tapes. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1933-2014), Buildings and Property (1972-1989, 1995-1997), Financial (1971-1990), Annual Reports (1972-1994, 1999-2001, 2003-2006-2012, 2016-2018), Guest Books (1975), Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (1965-1987), Bulletins (1972-1991), Sermons (1975-1976, 1984, 1988), Membership (1972-1987), Historical (1985, 2009-2015), Newsletters (1971-2009), Organizations (1971-1994, 2015), Committees (1971-2014), Prints, Paintings, Drawings (1986), Sound Recordings and Moving Images (1985-1991), Photographs (1897-[198-?]), and Miscellaneous (1987-1989).

Plymouth-Trinity United Church (Sherbrooke, Que.)

McBurney and Forgrave families

The file consists of a scrapbook page compiled by Mildred Waldron showing many members of the McBurney and Forgrave families as well as members of the Willing Workers group from the Sawyerville Presbyterian Church from the Sawyerville area, probably taken around the 1910s. It also includes a letter from Mildred to Marjorie Goodfellow.

Margaret Merrill

The file contains information on Margaret Merrill from the 1950s to 1966. It consists of photographs of Margaret Merrill (including one photograph of Margaret with Kay Goodfellow) and a newspaper article about Margaret's work as a laboratory technician for the Sherbrooke Hospital.

Merrill, Margaret E.

Programmes and Advertisements

The file consists of five programmes: "Soirée musicale" in aid of the funds of the 1st Lennoxville Volunteer Rifle Corps, at the Albion Hotel, Lennoxville, on 16 February 1863; "The Hidden Gem, a Shamrock Evening", at Mont Notre-Dame, Sherbrooke; Creatore and his Famous Band, at his Majesty's Theatre, Sherbrooke, on 3 May 1916; "Esther the Beautiful Queen", at Town Hall, Cookshire; Last Concert Season of Sherbrooke Symphony Orchestra at the Clement Theatre, Sherbrooke, 1 May 1911; Patriotic Concert at Sherbrooke High School, 23 May 1916; an undated programme for a Campaign Concert in Melbourne; a programme for the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra presented by Community Concert Association and performed at the Granada Theatre in 1954; and Waterloo Academy Annual Concert, 8 December 1911. It also consists of material for Le Festival St-Zénon de Piopolis including eight programs between 2001 and 2004, correspondence, and a newspaper clipping.

Programmes and Advertisements

The file consists of five theatre programmes and two advertisements: MM. P. Paul-Marcel, 2-4 September 1912, at His Majesty's Theatre, Sherbrooke; posters for "Too Much Married", by the West Brome Dramatic Club; "Not Guilty" and "Silent Woman !", Town Hall, Lennoxville, by the Boston Comedy Company; a programme for "Quality Street" presented by the Sherbrooke High School in 1943; a programme for "Captain Applejack" presented by the Sherbrooke High School; a programme for "Merrie England" presented by the Sher-Lenn Operatic & Choral Society; and the summer 2005 programme for Townships Stage, performed at The Piggery Theatre.

Music

The subseries contains source material on music in the Eastern Townships from 1863 to 1916. It contains copies of songs and various programmes for musical events. It includes the following files: Songs (1890-1913), and Programmes and Advertisements (1863-2004).

Leisure Occupations

The file primarily consists of 36 programmes for awards nights and graduations at Alexander Galt Regional High School, Lennoxville. The file provides information about the school's cultural events, performances, and student activities, such as plays, awards nights, graduation ceremonies, and reunions from 1973 to 1998. It is also a source of information on the Waterville School and includes a reunion souvenir booklet, newspaper clipping and program from 1989; a photograph of the Waterville classes of Grades 4, 5 and 6 from around 1940; a proficiency certificate awarded Evelyn Smith in 1916; two concert prorgrammes from the Mitchell school from 1948 and 1965; and a programme from a performance of "Our Hearts were Young and Gay" by the Lennoxville High School Dramatic Society in 1947.

Students

The subseries contains source material regarding students from various educational institutions throughout the Eastern Townships from 1854 to 1998. It contains the following files: Examination Reports (1909-1936), Students Related Material (1854-1923), Leisure Occupations (1916-1998), Student's Council of Lennoxville High School (1935), and School Newspapers (1986-1994).

Results 1 to 30 of 17464