Print preview Close

Showing 2 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Compton, County of Business and commerce English
Print preview View:

Collection James Allard

  • CA SHC C018
  • Collection
  • [191-?]-1973

Collection illustrates business and buildings in Coaticook and Hereford from about the 1910s to 1973. It consists of photographs and postcard photographs of employees of Niedner Inc., including Bill Niedner, George Laming, Cora Allard, and Mrs. Hamilton; fires in Coaticook in 1922 and 1949; and the Hotel de Ville and Academy in Coaticook and the Half Way Hotel in Hereford.

Collection Lucie Gaudreau

  • CA SHC C010
  • Collection
  • 1890, [192-?]-1978

Collection presents some of the commercial history of Coaticook and St-Edwidge-de-Clifton from 1890 to 1978. It consists of a plan for the complexe polyvalent (Albert l’Heureux and Mgr Durand schools) dated 1968 and photographs showing the following:

  1. Ste-Edwige general store and Roland Favreau, ca. 1970
  2. Robitaille Automobiles Coaticook Inc. (previously Garage Bachand Dionne), ca. 1960
  3. Coaticook parade, two men on horses in front of Garage Bachand Dionne, ca. 1940
  4. Bachand store employees, ca. 1955
  5. 8 photos, Celanese employees, 1974-1978
  6. Joseph Audet Jr., grocery store, Child Street, 1890
  7. Line of Canada `67 trucks
  8. Sports ’72 trailer truck, Department of Health and Well-being
  9. Salle des Érables, 1973
  10. Labourers, Grand Trunk train cars in background, probably around 1920.