Showing 3 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Val-des-Sources (Quebec)
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Club de patinage artistique d'East Angus fonds

  • CA ETRC P249
  • Fonds
  • [197-?]-2002

The fonds contains records relating to the history, administration, finances, committees, membership, tests, members & coaches, events, special activities, and property of the Club de Patinage Artistique d'East Angus from 1973 to 2002. The fonds contains lists of members, members’ files, skating test records, competition results, financial records, posters and programmes, minutes, souvenir albums, publicity, business reords, reports, by-laws, and correspondence. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Administration (1974-2001), Members (1974-2002), Coaches (1984-2002), Events and Special Activities (1975-2000), Committees (1974-2000), Miscellaneous ([197-?]-2000), Buildings and Property (1973-2000) and Skate Canada (1976-1997)

Club de Patinage Artistique (East Angus, Que.)

W. Gillies Ross fonds

  • CA ETRC P233
  • Fonds
  • 1767 [Photocopied]-2006

The fonds contains of research done by W. Gillies Ross on the following subjects: the mines at Eustis, Capelton and Albert Mines, asbestos mining at Asbestos, the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, the Stanstead granite industry, and covered bridges in the Eastern Townships and surrounding areas. It consists largely of research notes, research documents, photographs, and oral histories. The fonds is organized i the following series: Interviews (1944-1996), Harvard’s Baker Library Trip and Research (1887-1996), Jo Cooper (1977-1987), Newspaper Index (1971-1975), National Archive of Canada Research (1903-1921), Publications (1890-1938), Granite Project (1898-1900, 1976), Copper / Pyrite Mining Studies (1867 [Photocopied] -1996), Asbestos Mining and Landscape Research (1897 [Photocopied]-1965), Spanish Flu Research (1918 [Photocopied] -2006), Photographs (1888-1972), Maps and Plans (1767 [Photocopied] - 1979), Asbestos Mining (1950-2004), Mining Study – Correspondence (1883 [Photocopied]-2005), Book Translation (1995), Cookshire (1979), Research on covered bridges ([ca. 1990?]).

Ross, W. Gillies (1931-2019)

William G. Clark collection

  • CA ETRC P031
  • Collection
  • 1890-2003

The collection contains source material on the history of the Asbestos region and on the development of the asbestos industry in the 19th and 20th centuries; it is also a source of information on the Johns-Manville Corporation, the life of William G. Clark, and includes an architectural sketch of the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Asbestos from 1945. Among the materials are memoirs written by William G. Clark on his life and the town of Asbestos. The collection is comprised of the following series: Le Citoyen Historical Sections (1971-1980), Periodicals (The Asbestos Producer and Johns-Manville News Pictorial) (1948-1976), Photographs ([1897?]-1981), Miscellaneous Documents (1940-1971), and William G. Clark ([197-?]-2003).

Clark, William G., 1902-1999