- CA BU BUA
The University Archives consists of all documents which give evidence and information about the University’s history, organization, function, and structure. The mission of the University Archives is to select, describe, preserve and make available for research those records which have enduring value to the University for administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical purposes. Archival holdings include records and publications of the administration, students, faculty, staff and alumni. Within these collections are a variety of media such as photographs, drawings, maps and plans, microfilms, and computer, video and audio tapes. Trophies, medals, badges, and other memorabilia are also collected by the archives.
Bishop's University Archives Policy
Material collected and preserved by the University Archives includes:
- Records of the official governing bodies of the University, such as Board of Governors and Senate, including minutes, reports, associated committees.
- Administrative records of the Officers of the University, including the Chancellor, Principal, Vice-Principal, the Deans, Vice-Principal - -- Administration, Registrar, Chief Librarian, and Dean of Student Affairs.
- Administrative records of the Students’ Representative Council (SRC).
- Minutes and correspondence of faculties and departments.
- Publications of administrative bodies of the University.
- Publications of faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Personal papers of faculty and staff.
- Graphic materials relating to the University including photographs, maps, blueprints, and architectural plans.
- Audio-visual records such as microfilm, sound recordings, film and videotape associated with the University.
- Memorabilia connected with the University, including student trophies and awards, medals, posters, ephemera.
- Records of Associations such as the Alumni Association, Faculty Association etc.