Print preview Close

Showing 292 results

Archival description
Richmond, County of
Print preview Hierarchy View:

248 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Richmond and Melbourne United Church (Richmond) fonds

  • CA ETRC UC074
  • Fonds
  • 1836-2018

The fonds contains source material on the Church's history and the women's organizations from 1837 to 2018. It also provides information on the Richmond and Melbourne Pastoral Charge from 1977 to 2018. It consists of minutes, finances, registers, annual reports, orders of service, an historical sketch, and press clippings. The fonds also includes a register of baptisms, marriages and burials for the Hatley and Melbourne Methodist Circuit from 1836 to 1853 and the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Windsor) from 1859 to 1923, as well as included some documents pertaining to the Melbourne Congregational Church. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1837-2002), Legal (1947-1987), Buildings and Property (1950), Financial (1924-1964), Banns/Marriages Certificates (1929-1966), Annual Reports (1920, 1923-1929, 1931-1932, 1934-1938, 1939-1970, 1977-1998, 2001, 2003, 2006-2012, 2016-2018), Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (1836-1994), Orders of Service (1964, 1978), Membership (1942-1993), Historical (1931, 1958-1974), Organizations (1901-2000), Committees ([1887?]-1972, 2006), and Photographs ([191-?]).

Richmond and Melbourne United Church (Richmond, Que.)

St. Francis Lodge, No. 15, Freemasons (Richmond)

The file contains primary source information on St. Francis Lodge No. 15 of the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons (A.F.A.M.) in Richmond in 1949. It consists of an order of service for the Lodge's annual church service held at St. Anne's Church in Richmond on June 12, 1949. It also consists of financial statements for 1990 and 1992.

Richmond

The item contains information on the Richmond region. It depicts the city of Richmond.

William G. Clark collection

  • CA ETRC P031
  • Collection
  • 1890-2003

The collection contains source material on the history of the Asbestos region and on the development of the asbestos industry in the 19th and 20th centuries; it is also a source of information on the Johns-Manville Corporation, the life of William G. Clark, and includes an architectural sketch of the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Asbestos from 1945. Among the materials are memoirs written by William G. Clark on his life and the town of Asbestos. The collection is comprised of the following series: Le Citoyen Historical Sections (1971-1980), Periodicals (The Asbestos Producer and Johns-Manville News Pictorial) (1948-1976), Photographs ([1897?]-1981), Miscellaneous Documents (1940-1971), and William G. Clark ([197-?]-2003).

Clark, William G., 1902-1999

The Wales Home

The file consists of nine booklets: the by-laws and seven annual reports of the Wales Home in Richmond. The file provides information on the running of the Wales Home, such as the rules and regulations for the meetings of the Corporation, the members of the Board of Governors, the duties of the officers, the residents and the staff. The file also contains financial and historical data.

Melbourne

The file contains primary source information relating to land in the Township of Melbourne in 1936. It consists of a deed documenting a sale of rights by A.G. Stalker and Arthur Castonguay (Windsor Paper Mill) to Dallas Grant (Canada Paper Company) dated December 4, 1936, for several lots in ranges 5, 6, and 7 in the Township of Melbourne.

Bell Telephone Company of Canada

The subseries file contains primary source information on the Bell Telephone Company of Canada in Sherbrooke in 1944. It consists of one telephone directory for Sherbrooke and vicinity, dated June 1944. It also includes information for Lennoxville, Asbestos, Ayer's Cliff, Bishopton, Black Lake, Bury, Coaticook, Compton, Cookshire, Danville, Disraeli, East Angus, East Broughton, East Hereford, Garthby, Inverness, La Patrie, Laurierville, Leeds, Lyster, Magog, Marbleton, Megantic, North Hatley, Plessisville, Richmond, Rock Island, St. Ferdinand de Halifax, St. Malo, Sawyerville, Scotstown, Thetford Mines, Victoriaville, Waterville, and Windsor.

Bell Telephone Company of Canada (The)

Bell Telephone Directory, 1941

Official Telephone Directory including Sherbrooke, Coaticook, Richmond, Magog, Rock Island, Thetford Mines and surrounding territory, published by Bell Telephone Company in 1941.

Bell Telephone Directory, 1936

Official Telephone Directory including Sherbrooke, Coaticook, Richmond, Magog, Rock Island, Thetford Mines and surrounding territory, published by Bell Telephone Company in 1936.

Jeffrey Mines, Asbestos, QC

Item is a photograph of Jeffrey Mines asbestos pit in Asbestos around the 1910s.

The caption reads: "Looking NORTH through the central portion of the open pit. Year 1928 The old Factory in the background, also the A.A.A.A. playgrounds, baseball, football etc. The grandstand on the initi (sic) right. Beyond playgrounds are houses on Poirier Street."

Jeffrey Mine workers in Asbestos

Item is a photograph showing miners at the Jeffrey Mines in Asbestos around 1905.

The caption reads: This is how stripping was done about 1905 and until 1914. Horses hauled dumpcarts which were loaded by hand, to the dump. Sometimes the drivers, mostly young boys employed by the contractor, would back the cart too close to the edge of the dump and when the latch was released and the load did not slide out easily, everything went, load of earth, dumpcart, and the poor old horse. In most cases that was the end of the horse. The harness was stripped off and the horse shot and buried by suceeding loads of earth. Incidentally the "Dirt Dump" was along side of the Danville road just a short distance below the "Square"

In this picture it is possible to see three separate pits. The small cabins on the edge of the pit were for the signal boys. The hoist operator could not see into the pit or even see the platform where the derrick boxes were dumped into the ore cars. so boys were placed where they could be seen by the hoist operator and the men in the pit. They used paddles about the size of a Ping-pong paddle or bat. These were brightly painted, mostly white with a ex red centre like a large target, bull's eye. With these they transmitted signals from the pit crew to the hoistman. There were two boxes to a hoist. While one was being hoisted and emptied the pit gang were loading the second. When they had loaded and hoisted 100 boxes their day was finished. Starting at 6,30 A.M. to 12.00 noon, one hour for lunch, restart 1.00.P.M. until the 100 box was dumped which was anywhere from 1.30 to 3.00 P.M. These same boxes were used to lower and raise the men into and cut of the pit."

Men installing new machinery

The caption reads "This picture taken when these men were installing the new machinery in the New Machine Shop, 1913. This shop was used until 1942 when another move was make to a new building on the St George Road. This third machine shop was vacated last year and demolished in this spring 1980."
Front: Clifford Gale, Albert Carneau, Johnny Morris, James Coyle Jr., David Roy. Rear: Bob Williams and Gordon Clark, foreman.

Skating Rink

Pictured here is the skating rink on the corner of St. Aime Street and St. George Street.

The verso reads, "Village of Asbestos as seen from main office / Skating rink in the foreground / Corner of St. Aime and St. George Streets."

Aerial view of the installation

Pictured here is an aerial view of the Johns-Manville installation in Asbestos. The caption reads, " Showing Tailings till in area where ore was drawn through 'Block Caving' in underground mine. Mill #3 Centre foreground.

Aerial view of the mining installations

Aerial view of the different mills used by Canadian Johns-Manville.

The caption reads, "THE C.J.M. CO.LTD. MILIS

As seen from the air.

In the upper right hand corner is the Machine Shop #2 which was vacated in 1942. Nearby are the Main Stores and stores sheds. A little less than top centre is the Shawinigan Water and Power Sub Station. Below that, nearer to the camera is Mill #3 Dryer, Mill #3 and Mill #3 Fibre Storage Shed. Closer to the camera are several large buildings. That in the centre of the picture is Mill 4A. The smaller one at the left is Mill 4 B at the right of these are Mill 4A & 4B Dryers, Plant C Screen Rooms and Plant C Crusher Building."

Group of machinists

Pictured here is a group of machinists
Front: Florian Champoux, Alpherie Jutras, George H. Burns
2nd row: Albert Beliveau, Edourd Spenard
3rd row (standing) Lucien Marchand, Philippe Proulx, Roderick MacKenzie, Verron Carson, gerard Delisle, Harold Lockwood and Joseph R. Houle.

Results 1 to 30 of 292