Print preview Close

Showing 82 results

Archival description
Eastern Townships Resource Centre Cleveland, Township of
Print preview View:

76 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Inauguration of the third Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of the inauguration of the MacKenzie steel bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River on 25 May 1903, likely with MLA Peter S.G. MacKenzie in the foreground amongst the gathered crowd. Also visible is a horse and carriage.

Third Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of a man standing in front of the MacKenzie steel bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, probably taken around 1903-1910.

First Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of the first bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, which stood from 1847 to about 1882. It was the longest wooden covered bridge in the Eastern Townships. Cords of wood are seen piled in the foreground of the photograph.

Second Richmond bridge

Item is a photograph of the second bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, which stood from 1882 to 1901, until it was washed away from ice and flooding on April 7, 1901.

Richmond

The item contains information on the Richmond region. It depicts the city of Richmond.

WWI postcard, inscription

Item is a reproduction of a postcard depicting what is likely a militia unit at Richmond around 1916. The unit was probably made up of people who were too young or otherwise unfit to serve in the regular forces. The inscription on the verso lists the following names: featuring Rollie Elliot, Chet Kearry, Riggins, Arthur Pope, Elmer Cleveland, Stuart Morrill, ? Blake, Elmer Stockwell, Stuart Only, Eddie Smith, Dan Tounes, Harry Pugh, Stuart Messenger, Henry Smith, Ivan Adams, Leslie Porter, Stuart Hamilton, Arthur Messenger, Russ McKee, Duncan McCallum, Brooks Hamilton, Henry Carson, Bertie Barlow, Herbie Robinson, Ralph MacBain, Serg. ?. The postcard was copied in 2019.

WWI postcard

Item is a reproduction of a postcard depicting what is likely a militia unit at Richmond in about 1916. The unit was probably made up of people who were too young or otherwise unfit to serve in the regular forces. The inscription on the verso lists the following names: featuring Rollie Elliot, Chet Kearry, Riggins, Arthur Pope, Elmer Cleveland, Stuart Morrill, ? Blake, Elmer Stockwell, Stuart Only, Eddie Smith, Dan Tounes, Harry Pugh, Stuart Messenger, Henry Smith, Ivan Adams, Leslie Porter, Stuart Hamilton, Arthur Messenger, Russ McKee, Duncan McCallum, Brooks Hamilton, Henry Carson, Bertie Barlow, Herbie Robinson, Ralph MacBain, Serg. ?. The postcard was copied in 2019.

Ste. Anne Anglican Church Richmond

The series contains source material on the repairs of Richmond Ste. Anne Anglican Church. It consists of correspondence, submissions, invoices, sketches, construction license, lists of correction and photographs. The repairs were done on the masonry, the floors of the entry hall and neve, the roof, entry doors, stained glass and bell tower . The series is comprised of the following subseries: Correspondence (1999-2002), Finances (1994-2002), Preparation of the project (1993-2001), Work advancement (2001) and Photographs.

Richmond County Fair

The subsubseries contains information on fairs taking place in Richmond County from 1893 to 1922. It consists of a programme; a membership certificate; an envelope and two ads.

David E. Taylor

The subseries contains information on the personal and professional life of David E. Taylor; owner of a market in Richmond; from 1889 to 1929. It consists primarily of correspondence and receipts.

Taylor, David E. (1861-1932)

Saint-Claude Richemont [sic] Fondé en 1890.

Photomontage of the clergy of Richmond since 1890. They are identified as: Mgr. Antoine Racine; Mgr. Paul-Stanislas Larocque; Mgr. Alphonse-Osias Gagnon; Mgr. Hubert-Olivier Chalifoux; Frederick-Patrick Dignan; Mgr. Joseph-Alfred-Élie Dufresne; A.-J. Perrin; Mgr. Olivier-Zacharie Letendre; Joseph-Louis-Arthur Coté; Mgr. Marie-Joseph-Hermann Morin. Also included is a photograph of a house probably the presbytery, and the church of Saint Claude in 1910.

Results 1 to 30 of 82