Showing 293 results

Archival description
248 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
W. Gillies Ross fonds
CA ETRC P233 · Fonds · 1767 [Photocopied]-2006

The fonds contains of research done by W. Gillies Ross on the following subjects: the mines at Eustis, Capelton and Albert Mines, asbestos mining at Asbestos, the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, the Stanstead granite industry, and covered bridges in the Eastern Townships and surrounding areas. It consists largely of research notes, research documents, photographs, and oral histories. The fonds is organized i the following series: Interviews (1944-1996), Harvard’s Baker Library Trip and Research (1887-1996), Jo Cooper (1977-1987), Newspaper Index (1971-1975), National Archive of Canada Research (1903-1921), Publications (1890-1938), Granite Project (1898-1900, 1976), Copper / Pyrite Mining Studies (1867 [Photocopied] -1996), Asbestos Mining and Landscape Research (1897 [Photocopied]-1965), Spanish Flu Research (1918 [Photocopied] -2006), Photographs (1888-1972), Maps and Plans (1767 [Photocopied] - 1979), Asbestos Mining (1950-2004), Mining Study – Correspondence (1883 [Photocopied]-2005), Book Translation (1995), Cookshire (1979), Research on covered bridges ([ca. 1990?]).

Ross, W. Gillies (1931-2019)
CA ETRC UC074 · Fonds · 1836-2018

The fonds contains source material on the Church's history and the women's organizations from 1837 to 2018. It also provides information on the Richmond and Melbourne Pastoral Charge from 1977 to 2018. It consists of minutes, finances, registers, annual reports, orders of service, an historical sketch, and press clippings. The fonds also includes a register of baptisms, marriages and burials for the Hatley and Melbourne Methodist Circuit from 1836 to 1853 and the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Windsor) from 1859 to 1923, as well as included some documents pertaining to the Melbourne Congregational Church. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1837-2002), Legal (1947-1987), Buildings and Property (1950), Financial (1924-1964), Banns/Marriages Certificates (1929-1966), Annual Reports (1920, 1923-1929, 1931-1932, 1934-1938, 1939-1970, 1977-1998, 2001, 2003, 2006-2012, 2016-2018), Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (1836-1994), Orders of Service (1964, 1978), Membership (1942-1993), Historical (1931, 1958-1974), Organizations (1901-2000), Committees ([1887?]-1972, 2006), and Photographs ([191-?]).

Richmond and Melbourne United Church (Richmond, Que.)
CA CAMAR FP034 · Fonds · 1867 - 2002

Ce fonds fournit de l'information sur la construction et la reconstruction de l'église ainsi que sur la gestion financière et le patrimoine de la paroisse. Il se compose de plans, de documents financiers, de dossiers relatifs à la reconstruction de l'église, de documents concernant une ordination, ainsi que des demandes et décrets d'érection pour les associations et les mouvements spirituels. On y retrouve également une fiche d'inventaire de l'église et des photographies. Un dépliant relatif à un pèlerinage, des procès-verbaux et des rapports complètent ce fonds.

Untitled
First Richmond bridge
CA ETRC P049-009-002 · Part · [187-?]
Part of Richmond collection

Item is a photograph of the first bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, which stood from 1847 to about 1882. It was the longest wooden covered bridge in the Eastern Townships. Cords of wood are seen piled in the foreground of the photograph.

CA CAMAR FP030 · Fonds · 1873 - 2002

Ce fonds fournit de l'information sur la fondation de la paroisse, sur sa gestion administrative et financière sur son patrimoins, ainsi que sur la Congrégation des Dames de Sainte-Anne. Il témoigne également de la construction et de la restauration de l'église. Le fonds se compose de documents constitutifs et financiers, de rapports annuels, de correspondance, d'un document concernant les écoles catholiques, de plans et de documents relatifs à la Congrégation des Dames de Sainte-Anne. Il contient également des documents relatifs à la restauration de l'église, des livrets de célébration de la confirmation et un feuillet paroissial. Des photographies et des inventaires complètent ce fonds.

Untitled
Second Richmond bridge
CA ETRC P049-009-003 · Part · [between 1882-1901]
Part of Richmond collection

Item is a photograph of the second bridge in Richmond over the St. Francis River, which stood from 1882 to 1901, until it was washed away from ice and flooding on April 7, 1901.

David E. Taylor
CA ETRC P244-002-05 · Sub-series · 1889-1929
Part of Freeman Clowery Collection

The subseries contains information on the personal and professional life of David E. Taylor; owner of a market in Richmond; from 1889 to 1929. It consists primarily of correspondence and receipts.

Taylor, David E. (1861-1932)
CA CAMAR FP006 · Fonds · 1889 - 2014

Ce fonds témoigne de l'histoire, du patrimoine et de la gestion financière de la paroisse ainsi que des travaux de construction et d'aménagement réalisés à l'église et au presbytère. Il nous renseigne également sur le territoire de la paroisse et sur la fondation de certains mouvements spirituels. Le fonds se compose de correspondance, de plans de l'église et du territoire, de documents concernant les travaux d'aménagement et de restauration de l'église, de coupures de presse, de documents financiers et de rapports statistiques. Le chercheur consultera avec profit les demandes et les décrets d'érection de mouvements spirituels, les feuillets paroissiaux et l'album-souvenir de l'église incendiée en 2013. Le fonds contient également des photographies, un livret de célébration pour le sacrement de confirmation et des documents relatifs à la célébration du jubilé d'or sacerdotal du Chanoine J. A. Lemay. Une fiche d'inventaire de l'église complète ce fonds.

Untitled
William G. Clark collection
CA ETRC P031 · Collection · 1890-2003

The collection contains source material on the history of the Asbestos region and on the development of the asbestos industry in the 19th and 20th centuries; it is also a source of information on the Johns-Manville Corporation, the life of William G. Clark, and includes an architectural sketch of the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Asbestos from 1945. Among the materials are memoirs written by William G. Clark on his life and the town of Asbestos. The collection is comprised of the following series: Le Citoyen Historical Sections (1971-1980), Periodicals (The Asbestos Producer and Johns-Manville News Pictorial) (1948-1976), Photographs ([1897?]-1981), Miscellaneous Documents (1940-1971), and William G. Clark ([197-?]-2003).

Clark, William G., 1902-1999
Richmond County Fair
CA ETRC P244-003-01-06 · SS-series · 1893-1922
Part of Freeman Clowery Collection

The subsubseries contains information on fairs taking place in Richmond County from 1893 to 1922. It consists of a programme; a membership certificate; an envelope and two ads.

Danville Rifle Company
CA ETRC P058-004-65-018 · File · [190-?]-1987
Part of Herbert Derick collection

The file contains information on the Danville Rifle Company. It consists of a history as remembered by T. Perkins (aka "Perk") Cleveland and correspondence received by Herbert Derick.