Showing 20591 results

Archival description
English
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

9748 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Women's Organizations

The series contains source material on the activities and management of two church women's organizations subdivided into two subseries: Women's Missionary Society Auxiliary (1954-1981) and Ladies' Circle (1965-[1975?]).

Women's Organizations

The series contains source material on the activities and management of different Church women's organizations subdivided into five subseries: Women's Missionary Society (1927-1989), Mary Murray Group (1938-1942), Ladies' Aid Society (1923-1960), Lennoxville Women's League (1927-1978), and St. Andrew's Guild ([195-?]-1990).

Women's Organizations

The subseries contains primary source material on the women's organizations of the Centenary United Church in Stanstead from 1902 to 1998. It consists of minutes, account books, reports and correspondence. It is comprised of the following SSS.: Women's Association (1917-1947), Women's Missionary Society (1906-1944), United Church Women: Afernoon Unit (1945-1969), United Church Women: Allegro Unit ([1943?]-1998).

Women's Organizations

The series contains source material on the activities and management of four church women's organizations. It comprises the following subseries: Women's Missionary Society Auxiliary (1923-1971), Carry-On Society (1948-1972), Willing Workers Society (1910-1948), and Sunbeam Mission Band (1926-1940).

Women's Organizations

The subseries contains primary source material on the women's organizations attached to the Stanstead South United Church from 1915 to 1999. It consists of minutes, account books, reports and correspondence. It is comprised of the following SSS: Helping Circle (1915-1999), Ladies Aid (1969-1993).

Women's Organizations

The subseries contains primary source material on the Mansonville United Church, Women's Organizations from 1953 to 2000. It consists of press clippings, minutes, finances, annual reports, attendance, and correspondence. The subseries is comprised of the following subsubseries; United Church Women (1955-2000) and United Church Women - Vale Perkins (1962-1974).

Women's Organizations

The subseries contains primary source information on the women's organizations of the Thetford Mines United Church from 1938 to 2010. It consists of minutes, financial statements, annual reports, lists of members, and a historical sketch. The subseries is comprised of the following sub-subseries: Women’s Missionary Society (1938-1962), United Church Women (1960-2010).

Women's Organization

The subserie contains primary source material on the Women's Organizations of the Wesley United Beebe from 1901 to 2016. It consists mainly of minutes, account books, reports and correspondence. It is comprised of the following SSS: The United Church Women: Unit I (1901-1994), The United Church Women: Unit II (1978-2016), Home Department (1935-[1932?]), Graniteville United Church Women (1962-2005).

Women's Missionary Society Auxiliary

The subseries contains source material on the activities and membership of the afternoon and evening auxiliaries from 1954 to 1981. It comprises the following files: Minutes (1954-1981), Account Books (1954-1981), and Reports (1981).

The Auxiliary of the Women's Missionary Society was organized in November 1925 and disbanded in December 1981. In June 1954, an evening group was also organized; it was disbanded in November 1969. As stated in the constitution and by-laws of the Women's Missionary Society, the auxiliary's mandate was to unite the women, girls, and children of the Church in prayer, study and service for the advancement of the Kingdom of God at home and abroad (art. II). The Auxiliary reported to the Quebec Presbyterial Society in the Synodical Society of Montreal/Ottawa of the Women's Missionary Society, Western Division of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. The Auxiliary shall meet regularly during the year for the purpose of becoming informed about the Society's work at home and abroad and the total mission of the whole Church. There shall be a service of worship at each meeting. The Auxiliary Secretary shall be responsible for preparing an accurate tabulated and written report, forwarding these to the corresponding Departmental Secretary of the Presbyterial not later than December 31st. The Auxiliary shall present a report of its work to the congregational Annual Meeting. The Officers shall be President, Vice-President or Vice-Presidents, Secretary, and Treasurer and other officers as may be deemed necessary. The term of the office of the President shall not exceed four consecutive years. The Executive of the Auxiliary shall consist of its elected officers. The Executive shall have power to transact business requiring attention between the regular meetings of the Auxiliary. It is the responsibility of the Executive to supervise the work of the various officers. The Auxiliary shall forward all money contributed for mission work to the General Fund of the Society through the Presbyterial treasurer (By-law 2).

Women's Missionary Society Auxiliary

The subseries contains source material on the activities, the finances, and the membership of the auxiliary from 1923 to 1971. It comprises the following files: Minutes (1923-1971), Account Books (1923-1962), Reports (1924), and Other Documents (1947).

The Auxiliary of the Women's Missionary Society was organized on 25 September 1923 by the Hampden congregation; over time it was renamed the Milan Auxiliary. It was disbanded in 1971. As stated in the constitution and by-laws of the Women's Missionary Society, the auxiliary's mandate was to unite the women, girls, and children of the Church in prayer, study and service for the advancement of the Kingdom of God at home and abroad (art. II). The Auxiliary reported to the Quebec Presbyterial Society in the Synodical Society of Montreal/Ottawa of the Women's Missionary Society, Western Division of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. By-law 2 stated: 'The Auxiliary shall meet regularly during the year for the purpose of becoming informed about the Society's work at home and abroad and the total mission of the whole Church. There shall be a service of worship at each meeting. Each Auxiliary Secretary shall be responsible for preparing an accurate tabulated and written report, forwarding these to the corresponding Departmental Secretary of the Presbyterial not later than December 31st. The Auxiliary shall present a report of its work to the congregational Annual Meeting. The Officers shall be President, Vice-President or Vice-Presidents, Secretary, and Treasurer and other officers as may be deemed necessary. The term of the office of the President shall not exceed four consecutive years. The Executive of the Auxiliary shall consist of its elected officers. The Executive shall have power to transact business requiring attention between the regular meetings of the Auxiliary. It is the responsibility of the Executive to supervise the work of the various officers. Each Auxiliary shall forward all money contributed for mission work to the General Fund of the Society through the Presbyterial treasurer'.

Women's Missionary Society

The subseries contains source material on the activities, the finances, and the membership of the Auxiliary from 1908 to 1977. It comprises the following files: Minutes (1908-1977), Account Books (1926-1930), and Reports (1948-1977).

The Women's Missionary Society, known at this time as the Women's Foreign Missionary Society, was organized in 1904 in Danville. In 1913, it became the Federated Women's Missionary Society, consisting of women from both the Congregational and the Presbyterian Churches. It was disbanded in June 1925, when the Presbyterian women refused to join the United Church of Canada. In October 1925, a new auxiliary of the Women's Missionary Society was organized in St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Danville-Asbestos; it was disbanded in September 1977. As stated in the constitution and by-laws of the Women's Missionary Society, the Auxiliary's mandate was to unite the women, girls, and children of the Church in prayer, study and service for the advancement of the Kingdom of God at home and abroad (art. II). The Auxiliary reported to the Quebec Presbyterial Society in the Synodical Society of Montreal/Ottawa of the Women's Missionary Society, Western Division of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. By-law 2 stated :' The Auxiliary shall meet regularly during the year for the purpose of becoming informed about the Society's work at home and abroad and the total mission of the whole Church. There shall be a service of worship at each meeting. Each Auxiliary Secretary shall be responsible for preparing an accurate tabulated and written report, forwarding these to the corresponding Departmental Secretary of the Presbyterial not later than December 31st. The Auxiliary shall present a report of its work to the congregational Annual Meeting. The Officers shall be President, Vice-President or Vice-Presidents, Secretary, and Treasurer and other officers as may be deemed necessary. The term of the office of the President shall not exceed four consecutive years. The Executive of the Auxiliary shall consist of its elected officers. The Executive shall have power to transact business requiring attention between the regular meetings of the Auxiliary. It is the responsibility of the Executive to supervise the work of the various officers. Each Auxiliary shall forward all money contributed for mission work to the General Fund of the Society through the Presbyterial treasurer.'

Women's Missionary Society

The subseries contains source material on the activities and membership of the three auxiliaries from 1927 to 1990. It comprises the following subsubseries: Afternoon Auxiliary (1927-1970), Evening Auxiliary (1950-1989), and Outreach for Christ Auxiliary (1967-1975).

Over the years, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church organized three different auxiliaries under the Women's Missionary Society: the Afternoon Auxiliary, the Evening Auxiliary, and the Outreach for Christ Auxiliary. As stated in the constitution and by-laws of the Women's Missionary Society, the Auxiliary's mandate was to unite the women, girls, and children of the Church in prayer, study and service for the advancement of the Kingdom of God at home and abroad (art. II). The Auxiliary reported to the Quebec Presbyterial Society in the Synodical Society of Montreal/Ottawa of the Women's Missionary Society, Western Division of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. 'The Auxiliary shall meet regularly during the year for the purpose of becoming informed about the Society's work at home and abroad and the total mission of the whole Church. There shall be a service of worship at each meeting. Each Auxiliary Secretary shall be responsible for preparing an accurate tabulated and written report, forwarding these to the corresponding Departmental Secretary of the Presbyterial not later than December 31st. The Auxiliary shall present a report of its work to the congregational Annual Meeting. The Officers shall be President, Vice-President or Vice-Presidents, Secretary, and Treasurer and other officers as may be deemed necessary. The term of office of the President shall not exceed four consecutive years. The Executive of the Auxiliary shall consist of its elected officers. The Executive shall have power to transact business requiring attention between the regular meetings of the Auxiliary. It is the responsibility of the Executive to supervise the work of the various officers. Each Auxiliary shall forward all money contributed for mission work to the General Fund of the Society through the Presbyterial treasurer' (By-law 2).

Women's Missionary Society

The SSS. contains primary source material on the Women's Missionary Society of the Centenary United Church in Stanstead from 1906 to 1944. It consists of minutes, reports and account books. It is comprised of the following files: Minutes (1915-1944), Annual Reports (1942) and Account Books (1906-1938).

Women's Missionary Society

The sub-subseries contains primary source information on the Thetford Mines United Church Women's Missionary Society from 1938 to 1962. It consists of minutes. The sub-subseries is comprised of the following file: Minutes and Related Documents (1938-1962).

Women's Missionary Society

Sub-subseries contains information on the Women's Missionary Society of the Lennoxville United Church from 1927 to 1932. It consists of a minute and attendance book.

Women's Institute of Quebec

The file contains a certificate made out to Mrs. John Hackett certifying her as a life member of the Women's Institutes of Quebec from 1952.

Women's Canadian Club of the Eastern Townships fonds

  • CA ETRC P165
  • Fonds
  • [195-?]-2014

The fonds contains source material on the activities of the Women's Canadian Club of the Eastern Townships from around the 1949 to 2014. It consists mainly of histories, minutes, by-laws, reports, correspondence, notices to members, member lists, financial statements, donations, information on speakers, photographs, programmes and publicity. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Administration (1949-2014), Financial Resources (1970-2014), Membership (1967-2014), Speakers (1973-2014), Photographs (1997, [200-?]), Activities (1972-2014), National Meeting of Canadian Clubs (1984), Association of Canadian Clubs (1986-2007).

Women's Canadian Club of the Eastern Townships

Women's Association

The SSS. contains primary source material on the Women's Association of the Centenary United Church in Stanstead from 1917 to 1947. It consists of minutes and annual reports. It is comprised of the following files: Minutes (1917-1947), Annual Reports (1941-1942).

Women's Alliance

The file contains primary source information on the Women's Alliance of the North Hatley Unitarian Universalist Church from 1963 to 1992. It consists of a minute book from the 1963 to 1969 meetings, reports, and two texts outlining the history of the Ladies' Aid Society and the Women's Alliance.

Women’s Missionary Society Presbyterial

The subseries contains primary source information on the Women's Missionary Society Presbyterial of the Quebec-Sherbrooke Presbytery from 1926 to 1991 and in 2010. It consists of a constitution, by-laws, annual reports, lists of members and their duties, minutes, financial records, press clippings, documents related to activities, and historical accounts. The subseries is comprised of the following files: Constitution, By-Laws, and Handbooks (1938-1959), List of Officers (1929-1961), Duties and Reports of Corresponding Secretaries (1926-1961), Participants in Inaugural Meeting (1926), Registration Books (1929-1961), Annual Meeting Programmes (1926-1961), Minutes (1926-1991), Minutes of Stanstead and Sherbrooke Section Meetings (1932-1960), Minutes of Richmond Section Meetings (1937-1961), Annual Reports (1946-1961), Junior Mission Circle Minutes (1937-1946), Account Books (1942-1960), Financial Statements (1927-1962), Allocations (1948-1959), New Life Members – Donations and Special Gift Book (1942-1961), Reading Course (1957), Skits ([195-]-1952), Press Clippings (1927-1961), History ([1959-1962], 2010).

Results 181 to 210 of 20591