Showing 51 results

Archival description
Collection Société d’histoire de Coaticook
Print preview View:

29 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Views of Coaticook

File contains views of the town of Coaticook from about the 1940s. It consists of photographs views of buildings and streets in Coaticook, including the Cameron store, properties belonging to Davila Poulin, Pierre Rodrigue, Émile Faucher, and Antonio Tremblay, and Gendreau, St-Jacques, and St-Marc Streets. Photographs include some views of farming scenes.

Students of École St-Michel elementary school, Coaticook

Item consists of photographs of students from the École St-Michel elementary school, Coaticook from 15 April 1987. Pictured in the photographs are: Lise Cloutier, Lorraine Lebel, Mariette Leblanc, Ginette Lajeunesse, Jacqueline Jubinville, Francince Gauthier, Pauline Bouchard, Diane Bédard, Lise Lamoureux, Jacqueline Lamoureux, Diane Tremblay, Françoise Lavertue, Lucie Guimond, Nicole Boutin, and Lise Tremblay.

Students of École Gendreau elementary school, Coaticook

Item is a photograph album page consisting of photographs from the École Gendreau elementary school in Coaticook from 1958, including a photograph of the students of Grade 2, Céline Clouthier, and of the school. Pictured in the group photograph are: Carole Deslandes, Gisèle Nadeau, Ghislaine Guil, Marie Boileau, Hermen Hervay, Jean Fréchette, Danielle Deslandes, Gabrielle Sage, Céline Cloutier, Pierre Boulanger, Richard Thibeault, Jean-Pierre Masson, Gaetane Bessette, Francine Rubenovitch, Jacques Guay, Daniel Maurais, Jean Brazeau, Guy Boileau, André Mercier, Daniel Lyonnais, Guy Gervais, Fernand Bouchard, Paul-Émile Charron, Alain Gagnon, Roland Lefevre, Daniel Dubé, Fernand Lemieux, and Jean Dubé.

Ephemera

File presents aspects of the history of the Coaticook region from 1845 to the 1980s. It consists of a commercial gasoline ration coupon booklet (1945), a car care information book distributed the Texaco in Coaticook (1974), and patches for Baldwin and Étoile de l’Est snowmobile clubs ([198-?]).

Property and land

File presents information on property and land transactions in Coaticook from 1913 to 2014. It consists of register of land searches and certificates (1913-1961), a catalogue of properties for sale by Nunns & Moulton ([194-?]), and copies of acts relating to the property of the Frères des Écoles Chrétienne in Compton ([copied 2014]).

Textual documents

Series presents information on various aspects of Coaticook history from 1875 to 2014. It consists of programmes, historical articles, newspaper clippings, maps, certificates, and correspondence. The series is composed of the following files: History of Coaticook and region, People, Military, Music and theatre, Religion, Commerce and industries, Education, Property and land, and Ephemera.

Education

File presents information on education in Coaticook in 1940. It consists of correspondence with Romuald Dumont during his role in the planning committee for the Academie du Sacré-Coeur reunion (“l’amicale”) in 1940.

Religion

File presents information on religious practices and churches in the Coaticook region from 1905 and 1966. It consists of a communion souvenir certificate for Rosa Nadeau (1905) and a programme for the dedication St. Paul’s Chapel, Anglican church, in Dixville (1966).

Lolita programme

Item is a souvenir programme for the musical performance of "Lolita" by the Société Musicale de Coaticook (Coaticook Musical Society) in 1934, on the occasion of the centennial anniversary of the founding of Coaticook. Included in the programme are advertisements for local businesses and an historical sketch of the Société Musicale de Coaticook.

Music and theatre

File presents information on arts and culture in Coaticook from 1934 to 1950. It consists of sheet music and a souvenir programme for “Lolita” (1934), a souvenir programme for “Le Trouvère” (1935), sheet music for “Chant de ralliement” (1950), and poems by Victor Péloquin/Victor de Grand-Pré ([195-?]).

Military

File presents information on men from the Coaticook area that served in the military from 1917 and 1969. It consists of a discharge certificate for Private John J. Forest, enlisted with the 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles, and a service certificate for Sergeant J.P. G.E. Géurin.

People

File contains information of individuals in the Coaticook area from 1917 to 2007. It consists of a newspaper article and copy of a letter on Léon Dupéré (1917, 1994), a biographical sketch of Reverent Albert L’Heureux/Père Alphonse ([1947?]), a burial certificate for Joséphine Giroux (1979), and an obituary and newspaper articles on Winnifred Bertrand (2007).

History of Coaticook and region

File contains information on the general history of Coaticook and surrounding region from 1888 to 2003. It consists of a charter for the Town of Coaticook (1888), a programme and souvenir book for Old Home Week (1914), a typed copy of “The Early History of Coaticook from its foundation to 1902” by B.N. Robinson and annotated by Mgr Prosper Durand (1993), historical articles by Romauld Dumond (1964), a description of the Exchange Censeau-Coaticook project ([1972?]), and an article by Ivy Hatch titled “History of the Nigger River” (2003).

Scrapbooks

Series consists of scrapbooks on Coaticook history and activities of the Oeuvre des Terrains de Jeux (O.T.J.) from 1953 to 1982. It consists of a scrapbook compiled by Dora Ackhurst of newspaper articles on Coaticook history and genealogy from 1953 to 1982 and a scrapbook of newspaper clippings and photographs on the O.T.J. in Coaticook from 1982.

Map showing the different railways by which the Eastern Townships of Canada East may be reached

Item is a reproduced map showing the railway lines of the Eastern Townships, southern Quebec and the northern part of New England in about the 1880s. The railways lines included are those of the Grand Trunk Railway, St. John's & Montreal Railway, Otttawa & Prescott Railway, Stanstead Shefford & Chambly Railway as well as some American railroads.

Cartographic documents

Series consists of maps of Coaticook and an the surrounding areas of the Eastern Townships from the 1830s to the 1880s. It consists of the following maps: “Map showing the different railways by which the Eastern Townships can be reached” (J.H. Buffords, ca. 1880), “Map of the Eastern Townships of Lower Canada” (Dean & Mundy, ca. 1835), and sections of the “Map of the District of St. Francis, Canada East” (Putnam & Gray, 1863).

Results 31 to 51 of 51