Showing 45 results

Archival description
Eastern Townships Resource Centre Canada Sub-series
Print preview View:

Compton County

The sub-series contains primary source material on the landscapes, industries and churches in Compton County from about 1905 to the 1970s. It consists of postcards. The sub-series is comprised of the following files: Bury Township ([1907?]), Compton Township ([1906?]), Eaton Township ([1905]-[197-?]), and Westbury Township ([1907?]-[1912?]).

Conrad Derick

The sub-series contains primary and secondary source information on the life of Conrade/Conrad Derick in Noyan, Quebec from 1795 to about the 1980s. It consists of land transactions, business and personal correspondence, military and professional appointments, receipts, and biographical history notes.

Derick, Conrade (1774-1842)

Elizabeth Derick

The sub-series contains information on the property of Elizabeth Derick in Noyan in 1852. It consists of a copy of a land transaction between Elizabeth Derick and her nephew, David Derick.

St. John's Richelieu

The subseries contains primary source material on newspapers published in St. John's (now Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu) from 1852 to 1921. It consists of three numbers of the News and Eastern Townships Advocate from 1852 to 1904, and a map of the Richelieu River between the harbour of St. John's and Pointe à la Mule lights from 1921.

Stanstead County

The subseries contains information on the architecture, geography, recreation, religious structures, tourism, and transportation in Stanstead County from 1905 to the 1910s.

Megantic County

The subseries contains information on the industries and geography of Megantic County from 1907. It consists of a postcard of Thetford Mines.

Bagot County

The subseries contains information on the architecture of Bagot County from 1914. It consists of postcards of Acton Vale.

Royal Visit

The subseries contains information on the royal visit of 1939 by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth to Canada. It consists of the king speech to Senate in a carboard frame and a button with the royal couple.

Clarenceville Academy

The file contains information on Clarenceville Academy from 1890 to 1949. It consists of poster advertisement reproduced from 1844, an information pamphlet for elementary and advanced elementary diplomas from 1905, and a minute book for the Trustees of Clarenceville Academy from 1890 to 1949.

Brome County

The sub-series contains information on the geography and architecture of Brome County from about 1908 to 1975. It consists of postcards. The sub-series is comprised of the following files: Bolton Township ([1908?]-1975, Potton Township ([190-?]-[195-?]) and Sutton Township ([1909?]-[1913?])

Richmond County

The sub-series contains information on the streetscapes and buildings of Richmond County from about 1907 to the 1930s. It consists of postcards. The sub-series is comprised of the following files: Cleveland Township (1907-[194-?]) and Melbourne Township ([193-?]).

Charles Derick

The sub-series contains primary source information on the life Charles Derick in Noyan from1841 to 1910. It consists of a journal with remarks on Charles' activities and family, land transactions, a marriage certificate, and correspondence.

Derick, Charles (1817-1910)

George C. Derick

The sub-series contains information on the professional and personal life of George C. Derick in Clarenceville from 1900 to 1980. It consists of a receipt from George C. Derick's drugstore, two newspaper articles regarding Mr. and Mrs. Derick's anniversary, and republication of a newspaper article on George's life as a traveling salesman.

Gerald V. Derick

The sub-series contains primary source information on the military life Gerald V. Derick, who served in World War II (WWII), from 1942 to 1948. It consists of correspondence from Gerald to Betty Derick, an Officer's Record of Service, a certificate of service, discharge and retirement documents.

William Derick II

The sub-series contains information on the property and military life of William Derick II in Noyan from 1847 to 1852. It consists of copies and original land transactions between William Derick II, Joseph Swan, and Gabriel Christie; and military appointment certificates for the Battalion of Rouville Militia.

Derick, William II (1805-1890)

Beerwort

The sub-series contains primary and secondary source information on the Beerwort family in Missisquoi County. It consists of family history research and correspondence. The sub-series is composed of the following files: Family research (1942-[198-?]), Ada Mina Beerwort (1891), and Carrie Ella Beerwort (1894-1895).

Naylor

The subseries contains primary and secondary source information on the personal, professional, and military lives of the Naylor family in Missisquoi County and in Manitoba from 1862 to 1992. It consists primarily of correspondence, photographs, biographical notes, family tree research, newspaper clippings, and land deeds pertaining to various members of the Naylor family. The subseries is comprised of the following files: Family research (1911[copied]-1990), Business affairs ([187-?]-[1975]), Property (1862-1921[photocopied]), Agnes A. Naylor (1911-1930), Benjamin V. Naylor (1874-1919), Donald B. Naylor (1914-1992), Elizabeth Bessie Naylor ([190-?]-1960), George B. Naylor (1901-1985), Grace A. Naylor (1902-1959), Herbert V. Naylor (1913-1917, 1987), Rev. William H. Naylor (1910-1990), Other Naylor Photographs ([186-?]-1929), and Boats and Shipping ([187-?]-[191-?]).

Vaughan

The sub-series contains secondary and primary source material on the Vaughan family of Missisquoi County and Selkirk, Manitoba from 1778 to 1993. It consists mainly of photocopies of original correspondence, photographs, and certificates; research notes and correspondence; and family trees. The sub-series is comprised of the following files: Family Research (1785 [photocopied 1968]-1993), Amos H. Vaughan (1784 [photocopied]-[1965?]), Gershom Vaughan ([197-?]), Josephus Vaughan (1778 [photocopied]-1988), Lynds S. Vaughan (1865 [photocopied]-[198-?]), Reuben H. Vaughan (1839-[198-?]), and Benjamin Vaughan (1778[photocopied]-1853[photocopied]).

Other people

The sub-series contains primary source information on various people from the area of Missisquoi County from 1794 to 1949. It consists of land transactions, correspondence, and a business card. Among the people represented in the file are: M.A. Hungerford, Mildred E. Hardy, G.G. Stewart, John Slater, Antoine Laberge, Henry Sheldon, Joshua Hammond, Henry Hoose, Henry Emerick, Duncan Dewar, David Tryon, Maria Hudson, Robert Wright, Ernest Dawson, Sidney N. Smith, and Hannah (née Smith?) Richardson.

David E. Taylor

The subseries contains information on the personal and professional life of David E. Taylor; owner of a market in Richmond; from 1889 to 1929. It consists primarily of correspondence and receipts.

Taylor, David E. (1861-1932)

Missisquoi County

The sub-series contains primary source information on the architecture, people, towns, landscapes, businesses, and churches of Missisquoi County from 1905 to 1973. It consists of postcards. The sub-series is comprised of the following files: Foucault Township (1906-1954), St. Armand Township (1905-[193-?]), Stanbridge Township (1906-1973), West Farnham Township (1908-1913) and Dunham Township (1906-[193-?])

Shefford County

The sub-series contains primary source information on the geography in Shefford County from about 1909. It consists of postcards with views of Roxton Falls and Waterloo.

Personal life

The sub-series contains primary source material on the personal activities of Herbert Derick from 1916 to 1994. It consists of correspondence, scrapbooks. The sub-series is comprised of the following files; Hereford Fish and Game Club (ca. 1971), Highlanders Fish and Game Club (1988), Compton Fish and Game Club (1975-1984), Ex-Air Gunner's Association of Canada Inc. (1992), United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada (ca. 1968-1993), Missisquoi County Historical Society (ca. 1966-1976), Brome County Historical Society ([1959?]-1976), Protestant Colonization Society (1958), Other organizations (1955-1989), Scrapbooks ([196-?]-[199-?]), Vital statistics (1916-1994), Correspondence (1968-1993), and Military and coin collecting (1954, [198-?]-1993)

Carrie Mathilda Derick

The sub-series contains secondary source information on the education and career of Carrie Mathalida Derick from about 1912 to 1992. It consists of biographical sketches, newspaper and magazine articles, obituaries and a family tree.

Derick, Carrie Mathilda (1862-1941)

Frederick Derick

The sub-series of contains information on the property and family of Frederick Derick in Noyan from the early 1800s to the early 1900s. It consists of family records and a copy of a land transaction between Frederick Derick to his son, Truman B. Derick.

John Philip Derick

The sub-series contains information on the life John P. Derick in Noyan from 1816 to 1853. It consists of land transactions and a last will and testament.

Ray L. Derick

The sub-series contains primary source information on the professional, family and community life of Ray L. Derick in Noyan from 1912 to 1975. It consists of correspondence, certificates of appointment, property transactions, membership cards, obituaries, and invitations.

Derick, Ray L. (1889-1975)

Robert Derick

The sub-series contains information on the property of Robert Derick from 1843 to 1857. It consists of two land transactions, the first transferring the Derick tavern and inn from William Derick to Reuben C. Derick and the second transferring the tavern from Reuben C. Derick to Robert Derick.

Derick, Robert (1821-1860)

Newbury E. Derick

The sub-series contains primary source information on the property of Newbury E. Derick (Sr.) in St. Thomas Parish from 1865 to 1919. It consists mainly of land transactions, a seigneurial rent book, deeds of gifts, last will and testament, postcard correspondence, and account of tutorship for Willard Derick. It also contains the last will and testament of Pamelia Derick (1812-1882).

Derick, Newbury Edy (1840-1920)

St. Thomas Anglican Church

The sub-series contains primary source information on the establishment, construction, and activities of the St. Thomas Anglican Church in Clarenceville from 1815 to 1915. It consists of lists of subscribers, receipts and contracts for construction and repairs, and a programme for the centennial anniversary of the church. In particular, the Mayo, Billings, Derick/Derck, and Vaughan families were implicated in the church's founding.

Results 1 to 30 of 45