Showing 110 results

Archival description
Collection English
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

52 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

William G. Clark collection

  • CA ETRC P031
  • Collection
  • [1897?]-2003

The collection contains source material on the history of the Asbestos region and on the development of the asbestos industry in the 19th and 20th centuries; it is also a source of information on the Johns-Manville Corporation, the life of William G. Clark, and includes an architectural sketch of the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Asbestos from 1945. Among the materials are memoirs written by William G. Clark on his life and the town of Asbestos. The collection is comprised of the following series: Le Citoyen Historical Sections (1971-1980), Periodicals (The Asbestos Producer and Johns-Manville News Pictorial) (1948-1976), Photographs ([1897?]-1981), Miscellaneous Documents (1940-1971), and William G. Clark ([197-?]-2003).

Clark, William G., 1902-1999

University Archives Collection

  • CA BU BUA
  • Collection
  • [18-]-[20-]

The University Archives consists of all documents which give evidence and information about the University’s history, organization, function, and structure. The mission of the University Archives is to select, describe, preserve and make available for research those records which have enduring value to the University for administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical purposes. Archival holdings include records and publications of the administration, students, faculty, staff and alumni. Within these collections are a variety of media such as photographs, drawings, maps and plans, microfilms, and computer, video and audio tapes. Trophies, medals, badges, and other memorabilia are also collected by the archives.


Bishop's University Archives Policy
Material collected and preserved by the University Archives includes:

  • Records of the official governing bodies of the University, such as Board of Governors and Senate, including minutes, reports, associated committees.
  • Administrative records of the Officers of the University, including the Chancellor, Principal, Vice-Principal, the Deans, Vice-Principal - -- Administration, Registrar, Chief Librarian, and Dean of Student Affairs.
  • Administrative records of the Students’ Representative Council (SRC).
  • Minutes and correspondence of faculties and departments.
  • Publications of administrative bodies of the University.
  • Publications of faculty, staff, students and alumni.
  • Theses.
  • Personal papers of faculty and staff.
  • Graphic materials relating to the University including photographs, maps, blueprints, and architectural plans.
  • Audio-visual records such as microfilm, sound recordings, film and videotape associated with the University.
  • Memorabilia connected with the University, including student trophies and awards, medals, posters, ephemera.
  • Records of Associations such as the Alumni Association, Faculty Association etc.

Bishop's University

Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François collection

  • CA ETRC P232
  • Collection

The collection consists of materials collected from various sources by the Société d'histoire et du patrimoine du Haut-St-François, located in Eaton Corner. It consists of photographs, largely from the East Angus and surrounding areas, research files, and inventories of architectural heritages in Eastern Townships.

Philip Harry Scowen collection

  • CA ETRC P129
  • Collection
  • 1794-[1997?]

The collection contains source material on the Eastern Townships, the Province of Lower Canada, the British American Land Company, St. George's Club and the Lake Massawippi area from 1794 to about 1997. It consists of 4 maps, 31 pictures (reprints) of Eastern townships and Lower Canada scenes, 1 deed of conveyance, 1 list of unsold land and 1 list of members, 6 photographs, 17 postcards, a few brochures, and 2 programmes for plays. The collection is comprised of the following series: British American Land Company (1836-1842), St. George's Club (1963), Maps (1794-1905), Reprints (1865-1881), Deed of Conveyance (1933), and Lake Massawippi and North Hatley ([192-?]-[1997?]).

Scowen, Philip Harry, 1906-1989

Mildred Waldron collection

  • CA ETRC P170
  • Collection
  • 1890-2004

The collection contains source material on the history and families of Clifton and Eaton Townships, the village of East Clifton, in Compton County from 1890 to 2004. The fonds consists mainly of family trees, photographs, family histories and includes detailed genealogical information on various families, such as Waldron, Cairns, Smith, Schoff, Hurd, Lowry, Dempsy, Cooper, Forgrave, Banks, Hodgen, Gilbert, McConnell, Gray, Elliot, Lindsay, Bain, Graham, Jordon, Cromwell, MacRae, McBurney, Mackay, Hall, Gordon, Waters, Pope, Reed, Williams, Bellam, Barber, Betts, Blair and Hurley. It consists of the following series: Publications ([198-?]-[199-?]), Historical Research (1890-[199-?]), Genealogy ([196-?]-[199-?]) and Miscellaneous ([19--]-[199-?]).

Waldron, Mildred, 1924-2008

Lawrence Ball collection

  • CA ETRC P024
  • Collection
  • [1822?]-1981

The collection contains source material on the history of the Eastern Townships, in particular the history of the Drummondville area since the beginning of colonization. It consists of documentary materials of many kinds, including scrapbooks, press clippings, minutes, correspondence, booklets, oaths of office, petitions, invitations cards, registers, maps and plans, and photographs. The collection is comprised of the following series: Drummondville ([1889?]-1978), Drummond County ([1822?]-[1893?], Albums on the Eastern Townships ([1889?]-1981), Hale-Derbyshire Family ([1826?]-[1917?]), Joseph Greetham De Lorimier (1930-1935), Henry Stephen Osgood ([1895?]-[193-?], North Hatley Golf Course, Library and Tennis Club ([1924?]-1967), Company Registers (1920-1973), School Register 'Sunday School by Post' (1931-1937), and Miscellaneous Documents ([1888?]-[1942?]).

Ball, Lawrence, 1911-1986

Lake Massawippi Area Historical Society collection

  • CA ETRC P177
  • Collection
  • 1890-2005

The collection contains primary source information on the history of the Lake Massawippi area, including North Hatley, Ayer's Cliff, and Hatley Village from the 1890s to 2008. It consists of information on the activities of the Hatley Water Company, the Village of Hatley, Funding Co. Ltd., North Hatley Historical Society, Stanstead Historical Society, Ayer's Cliff Water Company, LeBaron & Co., Massawippi Country Club, Connaught Inn Co., among others. The collection is comprised of the following series; K.E Kennedy (1901-[1988?]), North Hatley Historical Society ([1992?]-2008), Stanstead Historical Society (1963), Genealogy ([19--?]-2005), Cemetery Indexes ([199-?]), Scrapbooks ([19--?]-[195-?]), Photographs, Ayer's Cliff Water Company (1908-1940), LeBaron & Co. (1926-1968), Wills, Wills and Obituaries (1913-1979), History of the Eastern Townships (1909-1984), North Hatley Electoral Lists (1902-1939), Ledgers (1890-1949), Artifacts, Indexes (1912), North Hatley Water Company (19894-1914), Hatley Tourism (1973-[19--?]), Calenders, and Miscellaneous.

Lake Massawippi Area Historical Society (North Hatley, Que.)

J.J. Parker Collection

  • CA SHS JJP
  • Collection
  • 1895-[195-?]

The collection contains information on the people, landscapes and architecture of Stanstead County and northern Vermont. It consists of photographs.

J. Derek Booth collection

  • CA ETRC P154
  • Collection
  • 2004-2006

The collection includes 6 cds : 2 copies of the cd entitled ''Railways of Southern Quebec'', 2 copies of the cd entitled ''Churches of the Eastern Townships'', and 2 copies of the cd entitled "Railway Stations of Southern Quebec".

Booth, J. Derek, b. 1944

Results 1 to 30 of 110