Showing 1778 results

Archival description
Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation fonds
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

1180 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Eastern Townships Telephone office

Item is a photograph of the interior of the Eastern Townships Telephone office, with four people (Mrs. Kay Lyon MacTurner, Gladys Dustin, Doris Mosher, and the manager Rose Thompson) standing inside with switchboard visible in the background. The office was located on top of Lysle Thompson's store.

Court house

Item is a photograph of a road and wooden sidewalk that lead to the second Sherbrooke Court House (Palais du justice), built 1839-1841 and used until 1904, which is visible in the background. The building was given to the 53rd Sherbrooke Regiment in 1912 to serve as their armoury and later on became the armoury for the Sherbrooke Hussars.

Collecting hay

Item is a photograph of a group of men collecting hay at the Andrews' farm. Men, a woman, and children can be seen with hay on a wagon being pulled by a horse. Seen sitting on top of the wagon, left to right: Nelson A. Andrew, Joyce Andrews, Elgie Wilson Andrews, and John Andrews (small boy in the hay). Standing in front: John Andrews Sr.

Grady family

Item is a photograph of two women and children of the Grady family in a carriage being pulled by a horse in Dixville. Among those pictured are: Helen Baldwin Grady (younger woman) , Mildred Grady (older girl), Bernice Grady (younger girl) and possibly Arminellah Humphrey Baldwin (older woman).

Train at Mansonville

Item is a photograph of a train at the Mansonville train station, originally on the Orford Mountain Railway line, with people and horse-drawn vehicles in the background, ca. 1909.

Ayer hotel

Item is a photograph of the old Ayer Hotel before it burned down in 1947. Part of the building is missing because it was cut off to become Mrs. Ayer's home before she sold the hotel.

Log cabin

Item is a photograph of a log cabin where Arthur Thompson's father was born, just west of Ayer's Cliff, with a horse-drawn vehicle in front.

Results 1 to 30 of 1778