Title and statement of responsibility area
Historical and constituent documents
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of file.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- North Hatley Community Centre (North Hatley, Que.)
Physical description area
11 textual records. - 1 photograph : 35 mm negative.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The North Hatley Community Centre, known as the North Hatley Community Club until the 1980s, was first organized in 1932 and had become incorporated by 1937. When first established, the mandate of the Community Club was to raise funds to remodel the ground floor of the village's town hall so that it may be used as a community centre, which the group would then be responsible for its maintenance and management. This community club building was kept up until a terrible fire completely destroyed the building on July 9, 1974. After this, the members of the North Hatley Community Centre worked hard to acquire and refurbish the former Catholic School as the new location of the community centre, which was being used as the town's Maintenance Building at that time. Administered by a board of directors, the North Hatley Community Centre Board members consists of representatives from various groups who are required to pay an annual fee for membership in the Community Centre, which allows them regular use of the facitility. Throughout its long existence, the North Hatley Community Centre has remained dedicated to their mission and have largely depended on their extensive fundraising activities, such as raffles and suppers, to maintain the building as an available place to groups and individuals in the community to use.
Scope and content
The file contains primary source material on the history of the North Hatley Community Centre from 1937 to 2005. It consists of historical notes on the community centre, a charter, and photograph showing a view of North Hatley.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
Most of the documents are in English, some are in French.