Fonds P020 - Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation fonds

Main Street, Coaticook Coaticook Fire Brigade First Train in Coaticook Side View of Lady of the Lake Lady of the Lake and the Anthemis on Lake Memphremagog Quebec Central Railway bridge, Rock Island Quebec Central Railway bridge, Rock Island North Hatley Dam at Magog Drummondville rail bridge Drummondville rail bridge River drivers and visitors at Lord's Falls, Drummondville Vassal's Sawmill, Drummondville L. A. Senecal's mills, Notre-Dame-de-Pierreville Driving logs on the St. Francis River, Drummondville Robert Robins standing in St. George's Church cemetery, Drummondville Abenakis Springs Hotel, St. Francis River Millar residence, Drummonville Annie McDougall at "Lord's Farm", Drummondville Group haying at "Lord's Farm", near Drummondville Group haying near Drummondville St. George's Anglican Church, Drummondville Shaw, Cassels & Company tannery, Drummondville Bishop's University, Lennoxville Old Lodge, Bishop's University, Lennoxville McGreer building, Bishop's University, Lennoxville Old Lodge, Bishop's University, Lennoxville Bishop's University chapel, Lennoxville Forge and St. Francis River at Drummondville River drivers in Drummondville
Results 1 to 30 of 1207 Show all

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper:

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ETRC P020

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1923-1984; predominant 1974-1980 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

0,18 m of textual records. - Env. 3690 photographs. - 66 audio tape cassettes.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

In 1976, a group of English-speaking citizens concerned by the loss of the archives and the architectural heritage of the Eastern Townships created the Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation, at first called the Eastern Townships Local Studies Foundation. The Foundation's mandate was to seek out, record, and preserve rapidly vanishing resources of a cultural and historical nature. The goals were to gather together the resources available to support local and regional studies; obtain the support and co-operation of all organizations and institutions working on local studies; create and sustain an awareness on local history; and fund research projects. Because many members of the Foundation were employed by Bishop's University and Champlain Regional College these two institutions gave constant support. The Foundation, a non-profit organization, which had its head office in Lennoxville, was incorporated on 14 February 1977. It was managed by its 20-member Board of Directors, 10 of whom represented local historical societies; and by the Executive Committee, consisting of the President, two Vice-Presidents, the Secretary and the Treasurer. In 1978, the Foundation created the following committees: Liaison, Acquisitions, Research, Education, and Finances. In 1977 and 1979, the Foundation contributed to a major project called Landscapes of the Past: taped interviews were carried out with senior citizens on lifestyles in the Eastern Townships during the first half of the 20th century; and contacts were made from photographs owned by individuals or organizations in the region. From 1980, however, the Foundation's activities lost momentum and in 1984 it was disbanded. The Eastern Townships Research Centre, created in 1982, took over the promotion of research on the Eastern Townships region.

Custodial history

The fonds was donated by the Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation and Dr. Derek Booth.

Scope and content

The fonds contains source material on the steps taken between 1974 and 1976 to organize the Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation and on its administrative and research activities between 1976 and 1984. The fonds is also a source of information on the relations between the Foundation and the region's other heritage organizations, in particular English-speaking historical societies. The documentation produced by the project Landscape of the Past relates to the various aspects of life in the Eastern Townships during the first half of the 20th century. The fonds consists of documentary materials of various kinds, including minutes, correspondence, constitution, letters patent, accounting and financial records, contacts, photographs, sound recordings, and transcripts. It is comprised of the following series : Foundation Preliminaries (1974-1976), Constituent Documents ([1976?]-1984), Administration (1923-1983), Financial Resources (1976-1983), Membership (1976-[1978?]), and Miscellaneous Documents ([1976?]-[1980?]).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Negatives are available for reproduction.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

The sound recordings and the contacts of the project Landscapes of the Past cannot be reproduced nor published without the authorization of the owner (individual or organization).

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

The following finding aids are available : 1. List of persons interviewed, project Landscapes of the Past. 2. Index of Place Names, contact collection, project Landscapes of the Past 3. Subject Index contact collection, project Landscapes of the Past.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No more accruals are expected.

General note

The fonds consists of several groups of documents previously processed separately and known respectively as Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation, Goodfellow Papers, Landscapes of the Past Historical Photograph Collection, Heritage Foundation Interviews, Lifestyles of the Eastern Townships.
Title based on contents of fonds.
The fonds was donated in six accessions (1977-1998) by the Eastern Townships Heritage Foundation and Dr. Derek Booth.
Most of the documents are in English, some in French.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

28 janvier, 2016

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres