East Clifton United Church (East Clifton, Que.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

East Clifton United Church (East Clifton, Que.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

East Clifton United Church, initially of Methodist denomination, was organized in the 1860s. It then belonged to the Sawyerville Methodist Circuit with Randboro. In 1925, when the United Church of Canada was founded, amalgamating the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches, East Clifton Methodist Church decided to join the Union. In 1969, East Clifton United Church closed and the congregation was joined with the newly formed Eaton Valley Pastoral Charge. Since 1985, an annual service is celebrated in the church. East Clifton United Church is under the jurisdiction of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery of the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places