Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of file.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1802, 1903-1911 (Creation)
Physical description area
4 textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
The file contains primary source information on land transactions in the Township of Dudswell from 1802 to 1903. It consists of a letters patent granting land to John Bishop and associates in Dudswell Township, Wolfe County dated 1802. It also consists of an indenture dated June 12, 1903 and a deed of sale dated July 25, 1907 between John A. Vintinner and Ernest J. Boothe for the sale of lot 15a, range 4 in the Township of Dudswell. Finally, it consists of a deed of sale dated April 14, 1911 between Edward J. Tupper and David E. Bennett for the sale of lot 15x, range 4 in the Township of Dudswell.
The letters patent is torn and in fragile condition.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated in or before 1983 by P.H. Scowen (accession 83-236) and in 2011 by Ardyth (nee Bishop) Nicholls.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
The document is in English.
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Some of the documents are also available in digital format.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Generated finding aid
John Bishop was one of the founders of Bishop's Crossing, now known as Bishopton.