- Quebec, 117 results
- Canada, 117 results
- Stanstead, County of, 43 results
- Sherbrooke, County of, 40 results
- Sherbrooke (Quebec), 36 results
- Barnston, Township of, 35 results
- Coaticook (Quebec), 35 results
- Compton, County of, 27 results
- Compton, Township of, 13 results
- Waterville (Quebec), 13 results
- The subject term Community life should be used with descriptions that relate to community events or organizations, promotions of communities, groups working for the development and/or maintenance of events, services and facilities for community, community spirit and community promotion, fraternal organization, and community activities and events. Communities can exist in towns, municipalities, villages, or neighbourhoods and can be culturally. religiously, camp, or school based.
- UF Community activities
- UF Community support
- UF Community events
- UF Fraternal organizations
144 Archival description results for Community life
144 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA ETRC P233-001-025-001
Part of W. Gillies Ross fonds
Item is an interview of Edward "Teddy" Green about his experience working at the Eustis copper mines by W. Gillies Ross in October 1965. Included in the interview are the subjects of mining accidents, working conditions, mining methods, use of communication in the mines, entertainment and leisure, WWI and marriage, and Black people from North Carolina working in the mines.
Green, Edward Colston (1895-1972)
- CA SHC C040
The collection presents the history of people who made the news and of events underlined between 1950 and 2017 in Coaticook and its region through its local weekly newpaper Le Progrès de Coaticook. It consists of original newspapers and some reproductions, photographs, contact-sheets, and negatives of the newspaper. The collection is composed of the following series : Newspapers, Photos, Contact-sheets, and Negatives.
- CA ETRC P997-009-04-002-001
- CA SHC F008
Fonds illustrates the lives of Wilbrod Labbé and Clara Girouard in Coaticook from 1930 to 2007. It consists largely of photographs, newspaper clippings. The fonds is composed of the following files: Clara Girouard Labbé, Wilbrod Labbé, Cercle de fermières de St-Edmond de Coaticook, and Photographs.
- CA ETRC P232-001-008-088
- CA ETRC P232-001-006-020
- CA ETRC P232-001-006-021
interior of the community hall
- CA ETRC P232-001-005-007
- CA ETRC P232-001-005-005
- March 2, 1957
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-140
- Jan. 1962
Item is a photograph of news article announcing the new art centre: La Caboche in East Angus in January 1962.
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-120
Item is a photograph of Narcisse Lepître, the town milkman.
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-055
- août 1947
Item is a photograph of Mr. and Mrs. jacob Nicol surrounded bu children (Enfants de la place) at the inauguration of Nicol Park in East Angus in August of 1947.
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-053
The item is a photograph of firefighters demonstrating the new fire truck of East Angus.
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-035
Item is a photograph of a party for the retirement of Edward Montgomery, 43, alderman, in 1945.
Left to right, first row: A. R. McFadden, Théophile Bergeron, Ed Montgomery, Philippe Bernier, David Ashby ;
2nd row: Joseph Burns, Joseph Roberge, Ransom Hayes, Dick Willard, John Forst, Gérard Gendreau, Eugène Tardif, Sylvio Tardif, Albert Morin (Albert Morin built the Garage St-Cyr), Albert Moore, Oscar Bergeron, Anselme Tourigny, Hilaire Aubin.
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-029
Item is a photograph of a crowd posed on an ice sculpture in 1928.
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-031
- août 1947
Item is a photograph of the inauguration of the park Nicol in August 1947.
- CA ETRC P232-001-001-024
- mai 1949
Item is a photograph of the opening of the local in the basement of the old City Hall for the Golden age club in May 1949. From left to right: MM. François Parent, priest Pierre Labrecque, Napoléon Champigny and Hector Harpin.
- CA ETRC P058-002-16-001
Part of Herbert Derick collection
The file contains primary source information on the personal life, family, and community involvement of Morris (a.k.a. Mott) C. Derick in Noyan from 1867 to 1924. It consists of correspondence from friends and family, as well as letters composed by M.C. Derick. Included among the postcard correspondence are two addressed to Morris' wife, Elizabeth Beerwort. It also contains a ticket for the Harvest Home Festival for Noyan and Clarenceville from 1867 and a membership card for the Farmers Club of Noyan.
- CA ETRC P023-001
The series contains primary source material on the history and administration of the Sherbrooke and District University Women's Club. It consists of certificates, constitutions and by-laws, reports, news clippings, speeches, correspondence and advertisement. It is comprised of the following files: History (1976-2009), Constitution and Charter (1968-2015) and Anniversaries (1993-2014).
- CA BCHS BCHS202-S1-D3-P3
- [ca. 1900]
Part of Sally E. Wood fonds
Sally Wood's famous photograph of "The Ladies of the Old Quilting Party of Knowlton": Mrs. Hiram Foster (Sarah Knowlton); Mrs. Samuel Willard (Ellen Shepard Green), mother of Hon. Senator G.G. Foster; Mrs. Nathaniel Pettes (Narcissa Farrand), who donated the library to the village of Knowlton; Mrs. Williams; Mrs. Mills; Mrs. Rexford; Mrs. Hunt; Mrs. Henry Knowlton (Alma Imelda Eudora Corey); Mrs. McLoughlin [?] (Charlotte Elizabeth Willard).
- CA ETRC P145-003
Part of Sam Hopper fonds
Item is a recording of one of Sam Hopper and the Hoedowners performances, likely from around 1960, which includes square dances, waltzes, and jiggs, and two-steps, among others. The following songs are included:
- Irish Washer Women
- He Will Have To Go - Kevin Harding
- Peek-A-Boo Waltz - Ronnie Haselton
- A Year Of Jubilee - Jimmy Piper (caller)
- With This Ring I Thee Wed - Jimmy Piper
- Harvest Hornpipe
- Downhomers Breakdown - Albert Nutbrown & The Western Swingers (next 6)
- Second Fiddle - Isabell Nutbrown
- Happy Acre Two-Step
- Here's To The Ladies - Harold Smith (caller)
- Fish City - Elaine Morse & Isabell Nutbrown
- London Dairy Hornpipe
- San Diego - Kevin Harding
- Country Waltz
- Uncle Jim - Bill Donaldson (caller)
- I've Got Stripes - Larry Harding
- Paddy Whack
- Earl Mittens Special
- City Lights - Kevin Harding
- Red Wing
- Suzies Jigg - Bill Donaldson (caller)
- Dumb Blonde - Larry Dougherty
- St. Ann's Reel
- Sam's Place - Elaine Morse & Eva Mae Sarrisan
- Union Jack - Arthur Lowery (fife)
- Cannon Ball - Jimmy Piper (caller)
- All My Friends Are Going To Be Strangers - Dave Bessant
- Old Time Breakdown - Eddie Custeau (violin)
- Once A Day - Judy & Isabell Nutbrown
- Wild Wood Flower
- My Love Is But A Lassie Yet - Stuart Deacon (caller)
- Do What You Do , Do Well - Francis Sayers
- Cecil McKetchens Breakdown
- CA ETRC P145-002
Part of Sam Hopper fonds
Item is a recording of one of Sam Hopper and the Hoedowners performances, likely from around 1960 at Christmastime, which includes square dances, waltzes, and jiggs, and two-steps, among others. The following songs are included:
- Five Mile Chase
- You Are My Sunshine - Kevin Harding
- The Wreck Of The Old 97 - Bill Donaldson
- I Can't Stop Loving You - Elaine & Harvey Morse
- Winnipeg Reel
- Christmas Jigg
- Blue Christmas - Stuart Deacon
- Jingle Bells
- Gatesman Reel - Stuart Deacon (caller)
- Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - Jimmy Piper
- Blue Violet Hornpipe
- Act Naturally - Stuart Deacon
- Year End Two-Step
- Northern Lights - Stuart Deacon (caller)
- Almost Persuaded - Jimmy Piper
- Frank Ryans Hornpipe
- Mountain Dew - Stuart Deacon & Jimmy Piper
- There Is A Tavern In Our Town
- Year Of Jubilee - Stuart Deacon (caller)
- Mona Lisa - Terry Howell
- Mc Donalds Reel
- Hudson Bay Breakdown - Albert Nutbrown & The Western Swingers (next 6)
- Cotton Jennie - Isabell Nutbrown
- Shannon Waltz
- Wabash Cannon Ball
- Love Is Going To Live Here Again - Elaine & Elymer Morse
- Military Shautise
Cowboy Reel - Bruce Patton (caller)
Wabash Cannon Ball - Larry Dougherty
- CA ETRC P058-010-08-002-021
Part of Herbert Derick collection
The item is a postcard with a view of canoes and sail boats on Lake Massawippi on Regata Day in North Hatley from 1907.