Fonds P008 - Brompton Road Women's Institute fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Brompton Road Women's Institute fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper:

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ETRC P008

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1923-1998 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1,16 m of textual records. - 146 photographs.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Brompton Road Women's Institute was founded in 1924. Like the other Women's Institutes of Canada, whose motto is 'For Home and Country', this one is concerned with family life in rural regions. It is a member of the Sherbrooke County Women's Institutes, the Quebec Women's Institutes, and the Federated Women's Institutes of Canada. As well, it organizes activities jointly with Macdonald College in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue and the Brompton Road Musical and Social Association. Its programming focuses on the education of mothers and rural women, on the health and welfare of children, the preservation of national traditions, and the development of patriotism. A committee of three members is elected to organize the various activities and the monthly meetings. The Brompton Road Women's Institute was disbanded in 1998.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contains source material on the organization, activities, and philosophy of the Brompton Road Women's Institute from 1924 to 1998. It is comprised of the following series: History (1938-1998), Incorporation (1939-1940), Minutes (1928-1998), Accounting Documents (1938-1978), Buildings and Property (1940-1994), Scrapbooks (1923-1994), Press Clippings (1942-1993), and Miscellaneous Documents (1930-1998). The fonds includes also the application for incorporation and the by-laws of the Brompton Road Musical and Social Association.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Researchers may also consult other Women's Institute fonds.

Related materials

Accruals

No more accruals are expected.

General note

Title based on contents of fonds.
The documents were donated in five accessions (1984, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2000) by the Brompton Road Women's Institute.
The documents are in English.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

28 janvier, 2016

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres