Title and statement of responsibility area
Beulah United Church (Ayer's Cliff) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper:
Level of description
CA ETRC UC016
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1878-1990, 2000-2008, 2013, 2018 (Creation)
Physical description area
0.54 m of textual records. - 3 photographs.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Beulah United Church, initially of Congregational denomination, was organized in 1889. From 1879 to 1889, the Congregationalists belonged to the Ayer's Flat Union Meeting House Corporation and worshipped in the Meeting House, along with the Adventists and Anglicans who also worshipped there. In 1925, when the United Church of Canada was founded, amalgamating the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches, the Beulah Congregational Church joined the Union to form the Beulah United Church. In 1962, Sisco Memorial United Church in Coaticook and Way's Mills United Church joined Beulah United Church to form the Ayer's Cliff-Coaticook-Way's Mills Pastoral Charge. In 1971, St. Paul's United Church in Magog and Georgeville United Church were added to the Pastoral Charge which was then renamed Ayer's Cliff-Magog Pastoral Charge. Beulah United Church is under the jurisdiction of the Quebec-Sherbrooke Presbytery of the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada. The Church is governed by the Board of Trustees, the Official Board, the Session, the Board of Stewards and the Congregation in co-operation with committees and organizations within the Church, such as the Women's Organizations, the Sunday School, and the Choir.
Scope and content
The fonds contains source material on Church management, the congregation's affairs, the Sunday School, the Choir, and the Church women's organizations for Beulah United Church in Ayer's Cliff from 1878 to 2018. It consists mainly of minutes, account books, annual reports, and correspondence. The fonds is comprised of the following series: Church Boards (1878-1979), Buildings and Property (1912-1949, 1986), Financial Resources (1878-1974), Annual Reports (1927-1986, 2000, 2003, 2006-2008, 2013, 2018), Guest Books (1969-1989), Orders of Service (1952-1990), Membership (1967), Historical (1909, 1964-1983), Organizations (1920-1979), Committees (1978-1980), Photographs (1922, 1950, 1960), and Press Clippings (1969-1988).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Researchers may also consult the Ayer's Cliff-Magog Pastoral Charge fonds (UC024).
Further accruals are expected.
Title based on contents of fonds.
The documents were loaned in 1993 by the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada.
The archives of the Quebec and Sherbrooke Presbytery local churches are all arranged according to a common classification system established by Susan Stanley, former Montreal and Ottawa Conference Archivist.
The documents are in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Finding aid prepared using Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
1 février, 2016