Beaulne Museum

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Beaulne Museum

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1964-

History

The Beaulne Museum was founded in 1964 by Denise Beaulne and was originally housed at the Town Hall in Coaticook and, later on, in the same building as the municipal library. Following purchase of Château Norton in 1976, the Beaulne Museum was moved to this historic house. The mandate of the Museum is to promote education by offering workshops and seminars particularly focused on the visual arts, to encourage the public’s appreciation of the arts and heritage through exhibitions. As part of its mandate, the Museum also collects and preserves artifacts to be used in exhibitions.
The Château Norton, which presently houses the Beaulne Museum, was built in 1912 by Arthur O. Norton, a local business owner. Harry and Mary Norton bequethed the house to the Anglican Church in 1942 and turned it into a girls’ home until 1968. Finally, in 1976, it was purchased by the City of Coaticook.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

« Histoire du Château. » Musée Beaulne. http://museebeaulne.qc.ca/fr/musee. Accessed 11 January 2018.

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places