Asbestos United Church (Asbestos, Que.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Asbestos United Church (Asbestos, Que.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Asbestos United Church was organized in 1925. During its first years, services were conducted in the Protestant school, until 1929 when the church was erected from the frame building reconstructed from the Danville Methodist Church, which was moved to Asbestos after the closure of the church. In 1970, with the Jeffrey Mine Open Pit coming closer to the Church, it was decided to sell the building to the Canadian Johns-Manville Corporation in Asbestos. Asbestos United Church amalgamated with Trinity United Church in Danville in 1972 or 1973. Asbestos United Church was under the jurisdiction of the Quebec-Sherbrooke Presbytery of the Montreal and Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada. The Church was governed by the Official Board, the Board of Stewards, and the congregation in cooperation with organizations within the Church, such as the Sunday School, the Ladies' Aid, the Evening Women's Association, and the Young People's Society.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC